Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

XCalibrator Tune Files for V6 .xtr

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 03:29 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default XCalibrator Tune Files for V6 .xtr

Ok, I got my XCalibrator tuner... and it has custom tunes loaded on it... however, there is no way to extract the tune from the XCal too the PC to mod it with the program the SCT allows you to download for free.

So, does anyone have/know where I can get a couple of these .XTR files for the V6 Mustang so that I can start looking at how to adjust the setting myself? I found available GT .xtr files, but that really didn't help me any... (I didn't even want to chance loading those onto my XCal)

Thanks for any info... and if you have one of these files, and you'd care to email it too me... send it to hedkrash@hedkrash.com
Old 04-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Bluvert

Default RE: XCalibrator Tune Files for V6 .xtr

Hey StupidTodd,
I know this isnt reply to your topic. But got a question for you how does the muffler sound? Did you get it for any performance difference or just sound? And what will the xcalibrator do for you?

I'm ignorant on mods for cars and want the V6 to sound a little louder. And would I need to retune my car if I installed the muffler you have?

Forgive me for all the questions, if you could give me some info I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:20 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Bluvert no problem...

From what I understand, doing a mod, and not retuning your car does very little performance wise...

That being said... I FREAKING LOVE MY PYPES PROV MUFFLER!!!

Did it improve perfomance? I highly doubt it... did it improve sound? YES... Most people are shocked when the find out that it's a V6 they are hearing and not a V8...

Do you need to retune if you change your muffler? No... If you run dual pipes, or remove your cats or something, yes you should... but not with just a muffler change...

The muffler is relative cheap, but installing it was a pain in the ***... granted, I'd never tried to fabricate my own muffler mounts before... so it was a bit of a learning process...

Unless you are cheap, or really handy with a welder (I'm both)... I'd say go with one of the prefab mufflers that have the mounting brackets installed... I'm sure the sound is just as good as the ProV (there's only so many ways you can hollow out a metal can).

I think to get any real gains from the exhaust you would have to run dual pipes, maybe long tube headers... an X/H pipe perhaps...

I haven't installed the XCalibrator yet... I'm waiting for my gas tank to drop low enough that I can fill it with 93 octane... from what I've read, it's a bad idea to put an octane in your car it's not tuned for...

From what I've read (granted this could be wrong)... the XCal suggests around 20HP gains for the GT and even more for the V6... what does this mean? I don't know... that's just what I've read...

Wow... I typed a lot... hope that's not too much info
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Bluvert

Todd
Thanks for the input on the mods. Sorry, I havent been on line in a while, to respond to your response.
SOunds like the X-cal is prob the worth every penny for engine performance. What made you decide on Pypes. Have you heard the Flowmaster? If so what do you think?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 PM
dafaic

you can't extract the xtr files from the xcal. I can send you the ones i have. I have an 87 mode and a 93 mode. The files have already been calibrated for 4.10 gears so you'll have to remeber to change that. The other bad thing is the xtr file doesn't allow you to pick the stock gear ratio only 3.27 which is close but not exact. If you still want them e-mail me mmangan@sbcglobal.net and i'll send em too ya. I know a guy that is cheap from another board e-mail me and i can give anybody interested his e-mail address. His customer service skills aren't the best but if you want to pay alot less than the asking price for a dual-tune xcal well he is the guy. Less than $350 shipped and don't mean 349.95 type thing I got the cable/xcal and 2 tunes. Yall should join www.3.8mustang.com good stuff there also!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:22 AM
green_stang05

Looks like there's an Xcalibrator 2 New and Improved . Check it out.

http://www.sctxcalibrator.com/