Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Houston... we have a MAJOR problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 AM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

Default Houston... we have a MAJOR problem

I thought that I would share my story with all of you about my long lost Black Betty. RIP my love.

Today started off great. I had two job interviews, two job offers, sold some computer parts and avoided the storms. The last week was great too. I waxed my car, cleaned out the garage to give it a nice parking spot out of the weather, first time the garage has seen a car inside it in 8 years. But now it sits empty.

I was on my way home from work, going to pick up Eduardo and Mario to take them to work on homework. I come to a red light and stop behind traffic. Everything is normal. The light turns green and ppl start to go. As i take my foot off the brake i look in my rearview and see a red flash, think OH **** and BOOM .. impact... Im thrown forward and slam against my steering wheel as I whip it to the left to avoid the car in front of me which i do. The guy must have been doing 55mph. After hitting me, he lost control and slammed into a tree probably still doing 40.

I cried as my car was towed away, but thankful that I was ok. I had some stiffness and pains so i went to the hospital just to be sure. I just got out a few minutes ago and am fine. I have no idea what the story will be with the car. Im pretty sure its totaled since he tore the entire rear end off my car and wrapped my frame around my back right tire. My right muffler ended up across a lane of traffic on the sidewalk. I really just want my baby back. I had but a lot of time into her and $ for parts, most of which are still fine (hood, front end, window louvers, interior stuff) that i hope i can pull off the wreckage if the insurance company buys it. Ill be damned if i have to pay for it again... esp my $900 hood.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41292/48D8A353D28A4F4EB1AF1EF7C805FF37.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-21-2008, 01:12 AM
SixShooter

Default RE: Houston... we have a MAJOR problem

damn, i'm sorry about that man!!!!!! That sucks big time, but at least
you are okay. Keep us updated on what insurance says and what you're
gonna do.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:17 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Damn buddy, that's brutal.

I'm always worried about that kind of stuff you can't do anything about because of all the time and money I've put into my car. Scary stuff.

Good luck though, glad to hear you're okay, and whatever happens with the car I'm sure you'll be back to modding again soon (whether it's her, or maybe even a bigger, better, faster replacement). That's rough though.

Good luck!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:47 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

at least your ok... you can always get another mustang...but i truly feel your pain...i too have a deep attachement to my ride....
my condolences....
Old 05-21-2008, 02:30 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Too bad but like others have said glad you are okay can always get another mustang and make sure you jack that hood off of it no matter what as long as it is still good.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:45 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

WOW, that looks bad but as long as you are ok! the car is easier to fix then you!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:38 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Glad you're alright. Hopefully you can get what you need off of it and start up again with another one.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:02 AM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Ain't life a B***H. I assume that Eduardo and Mario are your kids? From one parent to another, I hope there OK!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:19 AM
king07
1st Gear Member

Good thing your ok. Thats the most important. The car can be replaced you cant. I was rearended while stoped at a stop sign. Ruined my back. No matter how much you love your car it can be replaced your health cant. Be glad yourok. It sucks that there are so many bad drivers out there. Good luck with your car.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

God bless sorry to here this I'm happy you are ok.

Quick Reply: Houston... we have a MAJOR problem