Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo vs. Super

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo vs. Super

I had the same dilemna. For one, the X-Charger sounds a hell ofa lot meaner and intimidating. It also gives a hell of a power boost early on and mid-range.

At the X-Charger's price, its the most HP for the buck.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ptkthekid

I love turbos, I've had a couple. But that X looks so easy to install. The best part is NO EXHAUST WORK!!! That exhaust workon turbos is a B***H!!
piece of cake.

less than 9 hours to install mine and i took my sweet *** time.

ORIGINAL: Maverickaf17

At the X-Charger's price, its the most HP for the buck.
thats a stretch

300rwhp, call it 100rwhp for 4000, thats $40/hp
410rwhp, call it 210rwhp for 5000 (even though i didnt pay that much) thats $23/hp

Old 05-23-2008, 11:30 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

I could only imagine what numbers we would be able to put down with a built block and a turbo.[&:]
Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

and it begins....AGAIN. just when i think i have the right blower to purchase, another debate pops up lol. so far i only have inputs from fazm and buckman regarding turbos. now mine is a daily driver, and the info i got from fazm is that he gets 410rwhp on his stock engine no prob. would i have to forge my engine to make those gains? now on to the supercharger debate. i see that the x-plorer is getting alot of praise, but its gains put it on par with a stock GT. the procharger has more hp output, but seen that a couple of people have had complaints. how about the vortech? what's the info on that? i was set on the powerhouse turbo but now....my head is spinning lol.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:16 AM
thedragon
1st Gear Member

I know how you feel Mr. Bape theres so many choices i chose these two to compare because the sts has its own debate and seemed like a quality product and a nice hp gain, the x-charger seems easy to install and again a substantial upgrade to horsepower and torque without a huge hit on the reliability.So its a difficult choice but i have my decision narrowed down to these two unless someone says something that amazes me about the vortech lol.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:21 AM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Well, yours it a daily driver, I would go with the most reliable if I were you (probably the X-charger)
Old 05-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

prochargers and vortechs aren't realiable?
Old 05-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Sublimey
1st Gear Member

My 9 psi STS is on order as we speak. I can't wait. Screw the rest of the warranty...it'll be on by Summer's end.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:59 AM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mr.Bape

and it begins....AGAIN. just when i think i have the right blower to purchase, another debate pops up lol. so far i only have inputs from fazm and buckman regarding turbos. now mine is a daily driver, and the info i got from fazm is that he gets 410rwhp on his stock engine no prob. would i have to forge my engine to make those gains? now on to the supercharger debate. i see that the x-plorer is getting alot of praise, but its gains put it on par with a stock GT. the procharger has more hp output, but seen that a couple of people have had complaints. how about the vortech? what's the info on that? i was set on the powerhouse turbo but now....my head is spinning lol.
no you'd just need an IC for the X. the turbos wil make more power per psi no matter what because they dont have parasitic loss to deal with. but one of the huge differences is the abliilty to only run a limited amount of boost because of haveing to deal with high temps under the hood and no IC with the x. you could acheive 400 rwhp with the X, but you have to have the means to do it. the IC will be soming out soon (im not saying that it will net you 400 Hp) and will give you a boost towards 400 hp. a smaller pulley (2.6) ontop of that will do you one better.

turbos are more eficient hands down, but once the X comes out with the IC, it wont be too far behind either centri's or turbos. All that will ned to be develpoed is new tuning for higher boost, and lower temps.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:08 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

my car is a DD for a few more days anyway.

over 56000 miles on it

Quick Reply: Turbo vs. Super