Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

frpp gta/borla stingers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:50 PM
BamaDan
1st Gear Member

Default frpp gta/borla stingers

i know y'all have talked about frpp duals package mufflers being borla-made, but are they 'borla stingers'?
and are they the same as gta's?
sorry if i'm reiterating. thanks(:
Old 05-27-2008, 03:07 PM
1badV6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: frpp gta/borla stingers

no the stinger and the gtas are two different mufflers. the stinger is a straight throught muffler from what ive heard with a six you may or may not depending on who you talk tolose alittle low end torque with the stingers but the gtas will give u all the backpressure u need for the 6cyl they are kindof like a gt take off but a whole lot better in my opinion. The gta is not a straight throught muffler ive got them on my car and they sound fantastic i def recommend them. and they are not the stingers in the frpp package they are gta and i believe borla made them also. but i could be wrong
Old 05-27-2008, 03:51 PM
BamaDan
1st Gear Member

hmm..
the gta's dont sound half as nice as the stingers to me, but i dont have alot of tq. to spare. what to do, what to do..
Old 05-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

i have the stingers and haven't seen any significant loss in any low end torque. In fact, I haven't noticed any...definitely sounds better than the GTAs
Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

I got the Borla stingers comin' next Tuesday.. any drone on those?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

GTAs are made by Supreme.

I think they're nice and I get compliments on the sound.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang_Heritage07

i have the stingers and haven't seen any significant loss in any low end torque. In fact, I haven't noticed any...definitely sounds better than the GTAs
I've had GTAs (in my possession, not actually on the car) and I've got Borla Stingers and an X-pipe on there now. The Stinger tips also look nicer.

And they sound pretty damn wicked. Probably about as nice as you'll ever get a stock V6 to sound without some supercharger whine or whatever to back it up.

I had Stingers and an H pipe for a short while and there was definitely a bit of torque loss, but with the X pipe there is no such issue.

And yeah GstangT, they drone. But when you're climbing through the RPM range they sound beautiful, definitely worth the bit of drone. It's not overly horrible anyway.

I've gotten a lot of looks at WOT with my Stingers on, and I pulled into a gas station behind a GT with the Cervini side-exhaust (which sounds very loud and generally pretty damn amazing) and the guy said "Wow, I've never heard a V6 sound like that before!"

Absolutely can't go wrong with the Stingers. On the down-side, they're kind of expensive, but whatever, it's a one-time mod. Just go for it.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Silver Vert 06
2nd Gear Member

FRPP kit comes with GTAs. The GTAs are not made by Borla. Borla makes the FRPP stingers.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:51 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Does FRPP have any kits where I can buy the Stingers and the mid pipes and X-pipe needed to fit my V6. They have a very nice package for the V6 with GTA's, but I don't see anything with the Stingers.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:52 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Nope I'm afraid they don't AlloySixxer

Quick Reply: frpp gta/borla stingers