Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stingers-Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:56 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Default Stingers-Need Help

Ok so I was planning on getting the FRPP kit with GTA's for my 4.0, but then I came across Stingers and have heard they're great. Will the ninosport dual exhaust conversion kit work with these? Does the Y-pipe connecting to the stock y-pipe really make it like an x-pipe?

http://www.ninosport.com/Ninosport-D...-07-Mustang-V6
http://www.ninosport.com/Borla-Sting...stang-GT-11750

I could also go with the Stingers cat-back setup which includes the mid pipes. But then I would need to buy an x-pipe, all the parts to mount it, and...anything else?

http://www.ninosport.com/Borla-Cat-b...tang-GT-140135 <Does this even fit the V6?

I think option 2 will cost more so if the first option will work well then I would rather do that. I'm just concerned about how two y-pipesconnected would sound and perform.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:02 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stingers-Need Help

mm kay let's clear some things up for you.

the ninosport or pretty much every dual exhaust setup that is pre-fabbed for our v6 mustang will allow any pre-fabbed gt mufflers to work. The ninosport kit takes the stock piping and splits it back into 2 pipes at the rear to achieve the dual exhaust output. The FRPP kit takes the two pipes that dump from your headers and keeps them seperate all the way back to the mufflers - hence why it's called a "true" dual setup. Personally I think more can be achieve with a "true" dual setup than the ninosport kit - and it's made by Ford for Ford, whereas the ninosport is truly aftermarket.

In order to use the dual mufflers you would HAVE to purchase a dual system setup. Of course many have actually saved money achieving the same thing by custom fabbing there exhaust systems through their local muffler shop. It's really just up to you, and what you want in the end. Nice thing about the pre-fabbed kits is that they've been tested on the car already.

The GTAs from my understanding are aggressive in sound but still tame enough for the daily driver.

The stingers are more aggressive and more prone to droning and resonance when driving.

Try comparing the ninosport side-by-side with the FRPP kit: you'll start to understand what's going on.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danbevsv6rumbler

In order to use the dual mufflers you would HAVE to purchase a dual system setup. Of course many have actually saved money achieving the same thing by custom fabbing there exhaust systems through their local muffler shop.
So my local muffler shop could make the X-pipe and mid pipes themself? And then I could just buy the Stinger axle-backs to use with it?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Still need some help...please.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:05 AM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

your best bet is to buy a pre-fabbed kit. Do it right the first time around
Old 06-08-2008, 09:10 AM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

I have a pypes x-pipe, mid pipes and GT takeoff muffles, They have a nice deep tone but are not very loud. I could remedy this with different mufflers, but I will do that late.

I would definetly get a true dual setup, which ever way you go. And definetly a pre-fabbed one.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:55 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Any suggestions for a pre-fabbed kit that comes with all the hardware that would work well with a pair of stingers?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:55 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

I favor the JBA H-pipe kit from v6mustangstuff.com - i bet it would sound ballsy with some stingers! (and it has free shipping right now too!)

The pypes kit from the same place is also a favorite of many.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Silver Vert 06
2nd Gear Member

Buy the Pypes SFM65 kit http://v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm. Its the second one listed on that web page. It costs $285.99 and has all of the hangers and clamps that you need for the install. It is stainless steel and mandrel bent. In my opinion you are better off buying a pre-fabbed kit rather than going to an exhaust shop for a custom setup. With this kit you can do the install yourself with a set of jackstands, a sawsall, and some basic hand tools. I installed my Pypes true duals kit myselfin about 3 hours, but I was taking my time and being really careful with everything. I think the x-pipe sounds better than an h-pipe on our sixxers, but that is just my opinion. Don't bother with the y-pipe conversion. It will not sound as good as an x-pipe and it is no better than installing a single axleback. Good choice with the stingers, they will sound awesome [sm=smiley20.gif].
Old 06-08-2008, 03:29 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the help, both of you.