Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust and the warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
dnlbeave

Default Exhaust and the warranty

does moddin your exhaust to dual void the factory warranty. cause i was readin and it said somethin about the airflow system. any advice would be much appreciated
Old 06-17-2008, 05:32 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust and the warranty

doubt it would if you got the frpp kit through your local dealership
Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Modifying your exhaust to duals voids your warranty. By significantly decreasing your back pressure it increases your intake airflow by reducing residual gas in the cylinder. This is what they meant by it effecting the intake. This in turn causes your air inlet tube to "bow" making it considered a modified intake due to the additional pressure and different shape etc. My scervice rep was going over the dangers of duals on a non-dual car with me earlier.

Also, in the warranty it clearly says that if you modify your car your whole warranty is voided, including sub warranties. For example if your drive train warranty is voided due to exhaust, your main warranty is voided. So if your exhaust is modified and your seat cushions become discolored, you will need to replace those yourself because your installed exhaust.

There are currently no consumer laws or anything to guard against this because a car company is the ones that writes the contract and you have to accept it. It's not advertising that's controled by the FCC or production which is controled by consumer protection, it's a legal contract which as you know can be shady...
Old 06-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Xargon321
2nd Gear Member

geez legion trying to scare someone?? do you work for ford?? j/k the answer is that the part you replaced will not be under warrenty anymore but everything else is. plenty of people have gotten duals and then gotten warrenty service if something breaks to void your warrenty they would have to prove that the part you replaced hurt the part that broke ie if you brakes go out they cant blame it on exsuast and tell you to pay up
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM
am2slim69

i was told by ford when i bought my 06 with plans to mod it they told me that if a specific aftermarket part contributed to a problem then it would not be covered, but you will still have the rest of your warranty for everything else.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Wishbone
2nd Gear Member

I've been saying for a long time duals on the 4.0 is a bad idea for many reasons. It looks good and that's about it. Adding an axle back is the way to go.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wishbone

I've been saying for a long time duals on the 4.0 is a bad idea for many reasons. It looks good and that's about it. Adding an axle back is the way to go.
Why are duals bad on a 4.0?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I understand that a new 4.0 can now be ordered from Ford with duals. Kind of shoots some holes in that theory
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

I understand that a new 4.0 can now be ordered from Ford with duals. Kind of shoots some holes in that theory
Nice.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:27 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

If you want duals you can get the exhaust kit from Ford.. part # M5230V6. It came with a card that said if installed by Ford it would be covered by a limited warranty and NOT void the manufacturers warranty. It has everything you need, is easy to install and is made by Ford. Looks and sounds great too. Sorry Legion5 but you were feed a line of BS! Your service rep sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. My air inlet tube DID NOT BOW or any of those stupid other things he said. As far as being a bad idea I thought thatway till I put it on. I love it and my car runs HARD! If you want duals get them.

Quick Reply: Exhaust and the warranty