Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT fog light in my NON-GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 PM
black06stang4.0

Default RE: GT fog light in my NON-GT

man, had "the" GT grille, with fog lamps, installed at the dealler on my 06v6,,,,,value at 651.00, had them throw it in with the sales deal.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:14 AM
cloud

so u didnt install them your self???????
Old 09-21-2005, 12:07 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i still like my street scene grill no cutting craming or overhang

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/CC7F4D0C5FE24847B650173CDC76FF89.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 AM
cloud

are all mustangs pre-wired for fog lights?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:05 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

no, but you can buy the set up off ebay and a lot of other sites

afixer, where did you get your street scene grill? that looks great
Old 11-13-2005, 01:23 AM
mtal1259
1st Gear Member

I had the GT bumper installed. But I didnt wire up the fogs yet. Is there a kit for this, or can you only buy it with a bumper or grill setup.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:08 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i did the photo shoot for them so they gave it to me its my car on their web site. but they are availible and they are great. i moded the pony to fit as they dont come with one, that was also very easy. you also want to paint the radiator area black before the install because you can see much more. in my opinion this is the best kit unless you like the pony pac. the basicly took a v6 grill and added the factory light mounts to it. unlike the west coast kit, all wait did i say ALL the tabs fit no cutting of the cover and no over hang. and as nice as mister wick is and his kit is easy the SS lights are adjusable just like the factory ones because they are factory. they also have a wire harness and give you a nice small switch to install into the v6 switch or you can do what i did and buy the gt switch and hook thier harnes to it , just one wire needs to go to it everything else goes to the fuse box. i even installed a jumber to the relay that turns on the light on the switch when they are on. and because its hooked up to the factory switch the chime rings if you leave it on when you turn off the car. oh yea and thanks for the complement!
Tom
Old 11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

i did the photo shoot for them so they gave it to me its my car on their web site. but they are availible and they are great. i moded the pony to fit as they dont come with one, that was also very easy. you also want to paint the radiator area black before the install because you can see much more. in my opinion this is the best kit unless you like the pony pac. the basicly took a v6 grill and added the factory light mounts to it. unlike the west coast kit, all wait did i say ALL the tabs fit no cutting of the cover and no over hang. and as nice as mister wick is and his kit is easy the SS lights are adjusable just like the factory ones because they are factory. they also have a wire harness and give you a nice small switch to install into the v6 switch or you can do what i did and buy the gt switch and hook thier harnes to it , just one wire needs to go to it everything else goes to the fuse box. i even installed a jumber to the relay that turns on the light on the switch when they are on. and because its hooked up to the factory switch the chime rings if you leave it on when you turn off the car. oh yea and thanks for the complement!
Tom
Afixer,

It's good to see you online again. Been busy??!?!?!? There were a lot of AFE questions on mustangforums, tms and stangnet about the gains being true or not. Any new developments with your ride since the last time you posted?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:21 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yea slamed Im working on santa clause 3 we started shooting friday. working 12 hour days 6 days a week. as far as the afe gains i notice you have one i dont know about you but im pretty happy with it. i may not be the prettiest on out there but if i wanted pretty crome things id have gone another way i guess. but id rather go fast the sit around saying isnt it pretty.

Politicaly right discaimer! thats just my opinion !
Old 11-13-2005, 06:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

yea slamed Im working on santa clause 3 we started shooting friday. working 12 hour days 6 days a week. as far as the afe gains i notice you have one i dont know about you but im pretty happy with it. i may not be the prettiest on out there but if i wanted pretty crome things id have gone another way i guess. but id rather go fast the sit around saying isnt it pretty.

Politicaly right discaimer! thats just my opinion !
I'm happy with it, and I can feel it at the higher rpms. And that is before a tune. I can't wait to see what gains I get after I have a professional tune done. I am thinking of painting my stock tube blue to match. I saw someone with a red one not to long ago and it looked sweet! Good for car shows.

Quick Reply: GT fog light in my NON-GT