Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang Fog light Harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:51 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: Mustang Fog light Harness

ORIGINAL: afixer

its my car in the chrome pony article. i was the test car for street scene. for the gt and the center light grills. and actually helped them make the harness. the article shows the toggle but, when we were done i swapped it out for the ford gt switch. it is much cleaner. its all a matter of preference but there is a difference from getting a deal or doing it cheaply. if you cant afford to do the mod you shouldn't. if the gt switch didn't work and the toggle was the only option yea, and the small round one looks nice. they even have a lighted version. and yes like 157 if you understand basic electrical you could get all the parts for about 25 bucks and do it yourself. the ss kit is turn key and easy to hook up to the supplied toggle or gt switch. i myself like the idea of adding another relay that turns off the fogs when the high beams are on. some states actually require that.
With some careful wiring, an extra relay is not needed for no fogs when high beams are on.
Power for the fog light relay could be pulled from the low beams and the fogs will go out
unless your low beams are on. There are so many different wiring possabilities as to when
the fogs operate. I included the wiring diagrams for my set-up in my post above.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:20 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

absolutely correct, the harness is prety basic and many ways of wireing are possible. but some like to drive with fogs only and that would require another cut off. if you wanted to run fogs and driving only you could power the relay trip with the running lights also. as long as the load circuit is powered off the battery. it really dose not mater where the coil circuit comes from. the ground would still go to the switch and the hot side could go to high/low/running or just plane old hot. weather you make your own or you could cut the splice at the relay that street scene has to separate the trigger power that is another option. as it stands the power for the trigger is spiced to the main hot. so one would only have to separate that on the existing ss kit and splice into the low beam for them only to work with the low beams. thanks for all your posts and drawings they are quite helpful. thats what makes these forums so great.
ORIGINAL: 157db

ORIGINAL: afixer

its my car in the chrome pony article. i was the test car for street scene. for the gt and the center light grills. and actually helped them make the harness. the article shows the toggle but, when we were done i swapped it out for the ford gt switch. it is much cleaner. its all a matter of preference but there is a difference from getting a deal or doing it cheaply. if you cant afford to do the mod you shouldn't. if the gt switch didn't work and the toggle was the only option yea, and the small round one looks nice. they even have a lighted version. and yes like 157 if you understand basic electrical you could get all the parts for about 25 bucks and do it yourself. the ss kit is turn key and easy to hook up to the supplied toggle or gt switch. i myself like the idea of adding another relay that turns off the fogs when the high beams are on. some states actually require that.
With some careful wiring, an extra relay is not needed for no fogs when high beams are on.
Power for the fog light relay could be pulled from the low beams and the fogs will go out
unless your low beams are on. There are so many different wiring possabilities as to when
the fogs operate. I included the wiring diagrams for my set-up in my post above.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:20 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I pulled my GT fog light switch apart and snapped the plastic thingy
that keeps you from having the fog switch pulled out to the on position
unless the clearance lights are on. Now I can run the fogs when I want to,
not when Ford or the Govt. wants me to.
No extra complicatedwiring needed.