Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I like my new 08 Mustang...but.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:59 AM
jet21
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I like my new 08 Mustang...but.....

ORIGINAL: HoorayBeer

make a cool heads up display that reflects off the windshield
There used to be, and may still be, a car that showed the speed on the windshield. Not sure which car it was but seen tv commercials showing it probably about 8 years ago.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 AM
jet21
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NocturnalV6

I had a couple pair of Oakleys then switched to Spy regardless they cost at minimum $140 and up to $250...Spy is where it's at Fazm lol......so off topic
I would have no problem spending that much if I knew they would work. I wish I had a pair to try. Maybe I need to get checked for cataracts[sm=insomnia.gif]....just kidding and I do get a good eye exam every year.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

I have the same problem as the O/P. Tried several pairs of S/G. Still had a problem. My eyesight is really good. Suprised to hear that not everyone has the same take on the situation.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:42 AM
jet21
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ptkthekid

I have the same problem as the O/P. Tried several pairs of S/G. Still had a problem. My eyesight is really good. Suprised to hear that not everyone has the same take on the situation.
I'm glad its not just me with this problem. If only the gauges weren't set so deep or the brightness level could be higher would work for me. I think the best solution is the white gauge face replacement someone suggested but I don't feel comfortable in trying to do that. Getting the gauge needles back on in the correct position might be tricky and secondly I wouldn't want to have some kind of car problem and the deal push it off on something amiss with the face change under the warranty. Other than that I think dashhawk is the second best solution.

Maybe I could rig up some type of light or LED and plug it into the cigarette lighter, then duct tape it to the dash shinning into the gauges, or velcro a flashlight to my right shoulder during daytime driving, or get one of those lights that clip on the bill of a cap.

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

lol sounds worth a try
Old 07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Bradman6139

Polarized Ray Bans FTW
Old 07-08-2008, 04:33 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

The 240SX (Nissan) had a HUD...I had one. The cracked windshield cost $1400 or thereabouts!

Anyway...

Do the older Mustangs have no back lighting or something? My gauges are lit during the day in brilliant white against a black backdrop. When I flick the lights on, they switch to "My Color".
However...mine are bright all the time...I have not found a single circumstance where they are not crystal clear. In fact, it is one of the clearest (at all light levels) of any car I have ever owned.

Makes me wonder if they varied by year or something??