Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

1st Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM
TJW
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 1st Car Show

I clean the car up and enter a lot of local shows but it's just for fun and better parking than the spectators get.
The only show I ever took a trophy home from was the Oviedo Police Show-they had more trophies than entries so everybody got one LOL.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:05 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

U have a sweet stang rowdy!
Don't let them cheaters get u down. The public said it all.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:05 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Was it a peer judged show? Sponsor judged? If it waseither it's no suprise.
Cobra (dirty) or V6 ... the Cobra will take it everytime. I do a ton of shows with my club over a summer
and in a peer judged show a V8 will almost always win over a V6... Been there many times even withthe X.
You can't attend a show expecting to win... attend the show to spend the day with other car enthusists. Should you win it's that much better.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Old 07-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

rowdy, did the judges look like the thing in your avatar?........... if so, the outcome makes more sense.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:01 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

rowdy, did the judges look like the thing in your avatar?........... if so, the outcome makes more sense.

Yeah, stay away from judges like that. [X(]

I'm a newb car show organizer, and for a small-town show, I think having peer judges works fairly well. I can see why car owners would really appreciate getting high marks from the white-gloved judges, but there's two reasons why we aren't doing that this year - we're not big enough, and we don't want to scare away the locals cars that are really cool but may not be concours-quality.

Any show that is judged by the organizers or sponsors, in my opinion, is asking for bias or preferential treatment, no matter how hard they try to avoid it. That's why we went with peer judges, even though that might not be much better. To add the opportunity for other cars, we've got a People's Choice award and a bunch of local celebrity trophies.

I still think there's no way to get around the feeling that somebody didn't get what they deserved. Even with dedicated, trained, experienced and extremely unbiased judges, there's still no way to properly recognize all of the people whose cars make a car show special. My goal is to make the process as open as possible, so that no one walks away thinking that any award was rigged or predetermined.

Based on what I've seen of 4Rowdy's car, I'd be quite disappointed, if I were in the same situation.

I like GrayPony's comment that if you go to have fun and don't win, that's fine - if you do win, it's that much better. I think I'd still have a difficult time going back next year, but the car was a crowd favorite, and I'd probably have to go back no matter what I thought of the judging.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

+1 for "People's Choice Award"
Old 07-07-2008, 11:53 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Thats messed up 4, you got a sweet ride
Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 AM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

I should print all this off and send it to them!!! As for whether it was peer judging or something else, this is a small farming community, they ain't got a clue! It is Billy Bob & his 3rd cousin, who is actually hisdad's twin bother, who married his sister, who was Billy Bob's daughter... [8D]
I think the judging was more like "write that one down, it looks purdy... oh and it belongs to Aunt Mabel's daughter from the melon stand".
Like Theresa said, thecrowd gatheringsaid it all. I am going after engine dress up parts this year and CAI, so think I just may return for justice next year, and if nothing else hopefully find the same older couple I spoke with all day, they were great company! Maybe if I pop a plenum cover on, they won't see it's a 6er unless they count plug wires? Oh hell, them rednecks can't count that high!
Thanks to you all!
P.S.I really didin't go to actually win, although I knew I had a decent shot at something!I honstly thought there would be a ton of ricers with theirhighly metallic paint jobs (more flake in the paint than paint itself)and bouncing suspension, and 10" rims! But to my suprise there wasn't a single one there! Thought that was odd, beings there are a few of those clubsaround here. Maybe this is why the ricers didn't show up! ha ha ha
Still waiting for the pictures to get developed!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

[sm=rant.gif]CAR SHOWS ARE A BIG WASTE OF TIME!!! I hate them....I spent so much time and money on my car and everytime I took it to a show it got nothing. I just sat there for hours while people gawked and stared for nothing. Although it was nice talking to the other people about there cars but that's all I wanted to do and you can't leave if you are in a show u have to sit and wait......BORING!!! And to top it off you don't win cause the other guy brought all his friends and family to vote cause they have nothing better to do!!!

Quick Reply: 1st Car Show