Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Headers....Worth a shot....or POS!?

Old 07-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Paulejr13
Banned

Default Headers....Worth a shot....or POS!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

I FOUND THESE ON EBAY WHILE LOOKING FOR HEADERS FOR MY 2007-4.0

I DNT NEED SUPPER EXPENSIVE HEADERS THAT ARE ALL CERAMIC AND SUCH....I JUST WANTED TO UPGRADE FROM MY STOCK HEADERS TO GET SOME MORE FLOW GOING AND MAYBE GAINS SOMETHING WITH THIS HEADER EXHAUST COMBO

YAHHHHH OR NAAAAAAAHHH
Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Headers....Worth a shot....or POS!?

Seems fine for what you're looking for, my only suggestion would be to buy them from a seller with feedback better than 96%..
Old 07-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Paulejr13
Banned

so will i see a diff in sound and performance with these at all???
Old 07-04-2008, 11:53 PM
383 TPI

You will hear a differance, and feel a slight differance, not alot but maybe 5-7 hp is what i'd gues, i just bought some just like those off e-bay happy with them, Ford did a good job on thier cast iron exhust, so not alot of gain but worth 150.00 i'd say.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Bandit111
2nd Gear Member

Yes,they do flow better.You can tell by throttle sensitivity.I had jba headers on for over a year and took them off becasue i may sell.The sound difference was tremendous by my tuned ears after this long.Don't know for certain about these knockoffs,but prolly just as well for function at least.I did see at least one review in there for 4.0 that said fit was great.It appears the complaints are all late ships from item not in stock so they take orders regardless it seems.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:51 AM
CapitalG
3rd Gear Member

as stated maybe only 5-7 hp its still a gain , these cars actually come with manifolds stock not headersm same thing basically headers are just better for performance .
Old 07-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

for $150, they are worth it. only thing i would be concerned with is the fitment.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:02 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Well I have been considering getting headers to. Sorry for thread jacking but do they add a whole lot of noise because I dont need to much more I just want the horsepower. JBA rates their headers at 17 Horses and 16 ftlbs so I would only assume that these would do close to the same. That was in the March Mustang and Fast Fords
Old 07-05-2008, 08:45 PM
383 TPI

I would bet that they are all made by the same company, regardless of the stamp on the side, or lack there of, mine were bought from e-bay off brand, fitment was as good as any i have seen, you will want to remove the studs from the heads to install them then reinstall the studs, the fitent is tight enough to want to save yourself some grief, dont try to just slide the headers over the studs it is just a pain, remove the studs and have fun, takes about 1.5hours if youtake your time. not a lot more noise,but a better exhust note
Old 07-05-2008, 10:12 PM
CapitalG
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 383 TPI

I would bet that they are all made by the same company, regardless of the stamp on the side, or lack there of, mine were bought from e-bay off brand, fitment was as good as any i have seen, you will want to remove the studs from the heads to install them then reinstall the studs, the fitent is tight enough to want to save yourself some grief, dont try to just slide the headers over the studs it is just a pain, remove the studs and have fun, takes about 1.5hours if youtake your time. not a lot more noise,but a better exhust note
wow I think you just sold me on those

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headers....Worth a shot....or POS!?