Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

quick springs question, car is broken and i need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

Default quick springs question, car is broken and i need help

sorry guys, but the search feature doesnt work so i have to ask a question im sure has been asked before.

i believe my rear springs are shot, there is a creaking noise everytime i make right hand turns. i cannot take my car to the dealership because ive voided my warranty. so, i figure ill get some lowering springs.

is their a lowering spring availible that wont require an adj panhard bar or camber bolts? i dont have a lot of money for this, so id just like to replace the springs and be done with it.

i think the roush springs are under an inch drop, can i just throw them on and be done with it? maybe the steeda springs?

thanks in advance
Mike
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: quick springs question, car is broken and i need help

I used Roush Springs in my rear end and it only droped it 3/4 of an Inch I was told no other adj would be needed after Install. So far so good for me.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Why don't you get some take off GT springs off newtakeoff? Much cheaper.. It won't lower your car but since your are on a budget it seems more reasonable..
Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

It's prolly your bushings that are making noises. It's hard to believe that your springs would make any kind of noise especially the rears.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

leaning towards the roush springs, didnt even think of take off gt springs so ill look into that.

more importantly, my bushings would make a creaking noise? you mean the ones in my lcas? is that what the problem is? i thought it sounded like the spring, but i could be wrong.

how do i make it go away?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

leaning towards the roush springs, didnt even think of take off gt springs so ill look into that.

more importantly, my bushings would make a creaking noise? you mean the ones in my lcas? is that what the problem is? i thought it sounded like the spring, but i could be wrong.

how do i make it go away?
If you think its coming from the springs... there are bushings at the top and the bottom. If those got worn out then the springs aretouching metal.

Does it sound like its coming from the front or rear? Does it only happen when you turn to the right? I'm guessing it would be coming from the front since there are more moving parts but you have to fill us in on that.

Some of the guys on here have had situations where the front spindle bearings have worn out and started making noises. Maybe they will chime in.

It could also be the bushings from the LCAs or UCAs.

Since you said youre on a limited budget you need to find what it is first before go replacing parts. Although that is a great excuse to start buying parts!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

its definately coming from the rear passenger side and it only happens when i make right turns or go over a large bump. ive only got 9000 miles or so on the car; would the bushings on the springs wear out that quickly?

ive got steeda lcas and ive heard the bushing can make noise, but it really sounds like a creaking noise. is that the sound the lca bushings make?

is their a way i can diagnose the problem without taking stuff off? i hate to replace parts and not have that fix the problem. money is really tight right now (im floating a large balance from my supercharger) but it makes me sick to my stomach that the car seems broken and i would like it fixed. thanks for your replies.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:33 AM
bigdaddy0987
1st Gear Member

if you havent done anything to the suspension they cant void your warranty on it. the supercharger will definitely void anything on the power train but as far as the suspension i would try and take it to the dealership. the ford owners manual says they will refuse to warrant any part that was found to be damaged as a direct effect of an after market part. unless you have done suspension upgrades i would take it to the dealership and see what they say. the worst they can say is that they cant fix it.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Yeah your warranty should not be completley voided, the X doesn't have to deal with your suspension.. That part should be covered.. Go bring it in and see what they say.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 AM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

When you put the Steeda LCAs on did you torque them to the right settings? What bushings did you get in them?

Quick Reply: quick springs question, car is broken and i need help