Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best place to get some tint in Charlotte, NC??

Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Default Best place to get some tint in Charlotte, NC??

Hey guys, I asked this in the main forums but it moves to quickly and I got tired of bumping it.

So do any of you live in Charlotte? I just moved here about 2 months ago from Ohio and I'm looking to get some tint done but I'm unsure of where to go. What do you suggest? Where did you go? How much? Quality, warranty, etc? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Best place to get some tint in Charlotte, NC??

I answered that post, but I guess you didn't see it..

My advice is one of two places (They are about 200 yards apart).

They are on Independence Blvd going towards Indian Trail and the Dale Jarret dealership.

One is called Sunstoppers, the guy's name is Mike, and he'll do it for about $180.. I had him redo my entire car after he convinced me I didn't need moleskin, and he did it basically free of charge with darker film (removal, moleskin, and re-install).

The second one is a shop I have had lots of contact with recently, its called Speedstyles.
They are mostly a ricer performance shop, but they know lots about every kind of car, and they are cheaper than most places. Its about $125 with them (idk about moleskin), plus $20 if you want a windshield banner tint.

Both places are pleasant, and both will do whatever tint level you want. They will tell you that you are screwed if you get busted though (they are not responsible).. lol.

If you want I will get you to the phone numbers of each place.

and if you really want, we could try to get a mustang meet going.

I live in South Charlotte (Matthews), but I would drive out a little to meet up. I know they do stuff at the University sometimes, but its rarely with S197s.

Good luck, PM me with any more ?s (or write em here..)

FM
Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

I forgot to answer a couple ?s.. lol

Quality is great! (I got Sunstoppers, so I can't speak for the other shop)

I got 20% all around (after having 35% front and back, and 5% under the louvers)
I like it a whole lot more.

The tint is warrantied against fading and cracking, but not against scratches (its not usually their fault if you scratch it..lol.. though in my case it was)

So know you got some info on where to start. I'd be better help if I knew your area, but that is a pretty central location, Independence connects to a lot of places.

You can also PM a guy named LARMO and ask him about tint in Charlotte. We've met up a couple times to exchange parts, and I know he got his tint done somewhere. He's a bit north of Charlotte, in Concord area.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:21 AM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info man! That's a big help because I know there are a lot of shops around here that do it and I don't want to go to just any shop. I live up in Cornelius, exit 28 off 77. I work in uptown so the shops you suggested will work great. I can look them up for the numbers. So did sunstoppers put moleskin on your car after they said you didnt need it? I don't want to take any chances and I will have moleskin no matter what.

That was actually going to be another question I had for you... Car shows. Are there any around here locally as in the Charlotte area? I know Mustang Week is coming up in Myrtle Beach and I was thinking about going to that maybe.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

At first Sunstoppers said that I wouldn't need any, but that day there was a guy from another sunstoppers helping out, and he was a tool.. he didn't really care what happened to my car, he just wanted to tint as many cars as he could in one day..

I let it go for a while, and then I got pissed and went back and showed them the problems.

They were cool about it and admitted that the guy wasnt so great. But that was just an off day for them. They told me to drop the car off for the day, and I got the old tint taken off, moleskin put on, and new 20% put on. They will do the moleskin if you ask them.

Just call to make an appointment. Mike is they guy's name, I think.

I am really don't know about car shows... I wish I did. No one here seems interested, which is strange, because I've seen a lot of stangs around. I know there are some guys who meet up in one of the UNCC parking decks, but thats it. There technically is a mustang club here ponytales.com or sumthing like that... But I haven't been to one of their meets.

Lemme know if you find something around. Thanks man.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Black Pony 4.0

I'm just south of Charlotte in Fort Mill SC. I'm looking to have my windows tinted as well.....may check out the two shops you listed.

You guys missed the Mustang show at Fort Mill Ford about a month ago.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:19 AM
mitt3w

kinda jumping in on the conversation here...i live near the arboretum and aparently every saturday there is a car show in the parkinglot near the good ole' days restauraut (I ran into itabout a month agoand a guy there told me it was every saturday so i don't know for sure or for how many weeks they were doing it for) there were quite a few mustangs there. there was also a mustang car show in either shelby or lake norman (can't remeber at the moment) that one of my relatives told me about a couple weeks ago that was aparently quite large...i'm still dissapointed i missed out on that

also i have a quick question because i will likely get my windows tinted: if you get a tint level above what is legal, how do you go about passing you car inspection?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

^^^ I live right next to the arboretum too!

Where you at? We should cruise sometime.

What time is the car show at good ol days?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:55 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

^^^ I live right next to the arboretum too!

Where you at? We should cruise sometime.

What time is the car show at good ol days?
Is that over in Ashville? That's 2 hours from where I live, in Cornelius.

ORIGINAL: mitt3w

there was also a mustang car show in either shelby or lake norman (can't remeber at the moment) that one of my relatives told me about a couple weeks ago that was aparently quite large...i'm still dissapointed i missed out on that
That would of been a good one to go to. We need to find out what it was and when it's going on!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
CapitalG
3rd Gear Member

you guys ever come to Raleigh ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best place to get some tint in Charlotte, NC??