Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Any tungsten owners interested in matching rockers for black ones?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Any tungsten owners interested in matching rockers for black ones?

I put some tungsten greyGT take-offs on my car late last year. I initially had the stock black V6 rockers but wanted to do change the lines of my car with GT rockers, a chin spoiler, and a rear diffuser. My interest in pursuing that has dwindled, however, and I'd rather keep a more stockish appearance. Unfortunately I sold the black rocker covers. If there's anyone in the OC/LA county area that has a tungsten grey 'Stang with black rockers and is interested in getting grey ones, or if you know someone who might be,please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Any tungsten owners interested in matching rockers for black ones?

Your best bet would be to look at all the posts of v6 members that recently bought new GT rockers and PM them about their old ones.I'm sure you'll find one that will basically give them away, if you cover shipping.

That's just a thought.

About three posts down from this one on the main v6 screen there is a GT Rocker post.
I say start there.

Good luck.

FM
Old 07-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

PS. Your car is the reason I bought GT rockers almost a year ago... lol

I liked the look so much it convinced me to go with GT rockers. True story.

So thanks
Old 07-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i got my stock black rockers in my garage (recently changed to the painted GT shiny rockers). i'm frequently in the long beach area so let me know if your interested.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

Your best bet would be to look at all the posts of v6 members that recently bought new GT rockers and PM them about their old ones.I'm sure you'll find one that will basically give them away, if you cover shipping.

That's just a thought.

About three posts down from this one on the main v6 screen there is a GT Rocker post.
I say start there.

Good luck.

FM
Haha, that's pretty flattering. I like the look as well, but I know that if I remove the rocker stripe the car might look unbalanced. In fact I'd argue that your wider rocker stripes looks better on with the colored rockers than mine do. It's a great look with it on, though. I just want a fully evened-out look, and I can't really accomplish that without getting a chin spoiler and a rear diffuser (like the one Street Scene makes). What kind of grabbed my attention was this picture here of this car...

I saw it while browsing different rims. It's pretty similar to my car. It looks solid and clean and even with just the stock rockers. I know mine mightlook somewhat uneven and funky if I remove those side stripes (as I wish to do before long).

Then here's a comparison shot of a doctored photo courtesy of760Mustang of what my car could look like without the rocker stripes:

Old 07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

i got my stock black rockers in my garage (recently changed to the painted GT shiny rockers). i'm frequently in the long beach area so let me know if your interested.
That could work. Me and my bf are probably going to be going that way soon to go to the acquarium. Are they in reasonably good shape?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

I removed my side stripes and I am a whole lot happier with it:

I think the color of that stang is Vapor (the one in the link you posted), but I am sure yours would look similar.

I know what you mean about the uneven look.. I am going crazy trying to find a good looking rear bumper to even the look out..

Hopefully you can get those rockers off Sancho.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

I removed my side stripes and I am a whole lot happier with it:

I think the color of that stang is Vapor (the one in the link you posted), but I am sure yours would look similar.

I know what you mean about the uneven look.. I am going crazy trying to find a good looking rear bumper to even the look out..

Hopefully you can get those rockers off Sancho.

I don't know why I can't post images. I'm also getting these extra ' any time I post an abbreviated word like can't or don't. Your car is coming along very nicely, Fred. I see you're going for the Roush look. You wouldn't by any chance still have those 18" Bullitts lying around somewhere would you?

Anyhow... what I was planning to do is get a Street Scene rear diffuser like Project85's:

Then get a similar chin to his to balance things out. But lately I've found myself wanting to go back to being a bit more stockish and vintage looking. Going for an all out look like I was planning doesn't accomplish that. Yeah, it looks more aggressive, but I've always liked the more retro look.

Then when the 2010s come out I'm planning to get a V8 (I would still keep my sixxer). I wouldn't want the V6 to look meaner than the V8.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Sadly I sold the Bullitts to bring about the spirit of change to my car (thus the new rims..lol)

I know what you mean about the " thing.. its a site glitch.. its not you, and the image post is working now (at least for Projects car).

I thought about that rear diffuser, but I want the whole new bumper, ie GT/CS rear.
That one sets me off..lol.

Ya, better not have your sixxer looking meaner than the GT..lol

I see how you are in a predicament with the retro/stock thing. I am sure it will work out.
I wish I could help you with the rims, but they are in texas somewhere now (you probably passed them on the street..lol..)
Old 07-11-2008, 02:04 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Haha! It's all good. I'm really not sure which rims I want to go with anyhow. I like the stock Bullitts I have right now because the spokes are pretty much the same color as my car. However, I want to go up to 18". I'm considering black deep dish Bullitts like the ones in that picture I tried to post earlier with the Vapor 'Stang. I'm also looking at maybe gunmetal Shelby Razors. The other thing is, if I go all out with the painted chin, GT rockers, and rear diffuser I'll have to get bigger rims to balance things out. The 17"s and maybe even some 18"s would look too small in comparison.That's another plus for me on going back to black rockers... 17" rims look just fine. 18" is just icing on the cake, IMO.

Quick Reply: Any tungsten owners interested in matching rockers for black ones?