Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics

You have a really nice Screaming Yellow, silstang. You made the right decision with the rims. The stripes look great and so does the center fog grill. Like the others say, the only thing I think you should get is a painted chin spoiler. Dont' get a black one... it won't flow with the lines created by the GT rockers and the GT rear. Beyond that, this is one of those rare instances where I think a black rocker stripe would REALLY compliment your car.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:00 PM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Napoleon85

Very nice! What louvres are those, and where did you get them? Did they come painted or did you have a shop do it?
They are the ones from Wheelskin. They come painted for around $190. They also have an Ebay store and sell the louvers on there.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Normally, I'm not a big fan of black wheels. That said, YOUR CAR LOOKS AWSOME!!!! I don't know if you compared prices but, chrome is a lot more expensive. I wanted chrome but, settled for satin silver because of price. You say you live in Louisiana but, you have a Michigan plate on it. Did you buy your car in Michigan. If so, I swear I almost bought that car!! Those Screaming Yellow cars are few and far between. But, I HAD to have a manual trans, so I got a Black one. I looked for MONTHS to find a Yellow one with a Manual trans but just couldn't come up with one!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Looks amazing!! Where did you get those wheels from? I want to do get 18" bullitts but with deep dish only in the back, just like what you have.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:20 PM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AMoRT

Looks amazing!! Where did you get those wheels from? I want to do get 18" bullitts but with deep dish only in the back, just like what you have.
I got them off Ebay brand new for $1000 and only $75 for shipping. It was a great price. I was kind of skeptical because of the price but they really were brand new and were flawless. The tires even had the stickers still on them.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 AM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silstang23

I got them off Ebay brand new for $1000 and only $75 for shipping. It was a great price. I was kind of skeptical because of the price but they really were brand new and were flawless. The tires even had the stickers still on them.
do the 10.5s fit fine in the back?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 AM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silstang23

do the 10.5s fit fine in the back?
Yes no fitment issues at all. No rubbing or anything. Just bolt right on.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:03 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

sexy
Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 AM
07 Grabber Girl
2nd Gear Member

Love the black wheels. You're car looks awesome.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 AM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

im going to be with the people who say you shoulda got chrome. Chrome wheels looks so god damn sexy on screaming yellow cars. Im a little biased because I have 20" chrome foose nitrous wheels on my screaming yellow GT vert but it looks so damn agressive! your car is ****in awesome even with black wheels, i love everything but the v6 front end lol.

Quick Reply: New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics