Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My GT takeoff muffler review

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:17 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Default My GT takeoff muffler review

Well, my frst mod. Exactly what the first mod should be. A GT takeoff muffler. I did manage to get one from a manual. Well here's my take. It did take a few miles to break in and may break in a little more. The "tone" or the "note" is amazing!!! It sounds beautiful, with just a bit of crackle on the decel (I've got a manual trans). However, I'm not real happy with the volume. It's just not real loud. It's louder than the stock six muffler, but not a ton.I'm just running a single right now. I plan on getting some kind of dual setup in the near future. Has any one gone from a single to a dual GT takeoff? If so, was there any increase in volume?? If you do get any type of new muffler, throw a coat of flat black (heat) paint on it. It looks WAY cooler.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:53 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My GT takeoff muffler review

I think that you will find some increase in volume after installing the 2nd muffler, I did. Also, the exhaust note will improve after those GT takeoffs have a chance to break in.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

glad you like it yea about 5000 miles when its fully broke in come back and tell us how much better you like it
Old 07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

I Love Mine it Sounds great and it feels stonger also oh forgot it also looks great.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

For those who got them professionally installed, can i ask how much did it cost? For the h-pipe and the install. I just wanna have a range in my head so when i get mine i know im not getting ripped off.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:11 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

I have a GT H-Pipe/Mids/Mufflers and it sounds way better than stock. It is not loud like you said but it does sound good. It's not loud enough for me so I picked up Pypes Headers, Borla Mids, and some Borla Stingers. I'll have my GT mids and mufflers for sale soon if youre looking to go with dual exhaust.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

keep me in mind cobby, if i dont have my set up yet.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:11 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

I just installed a GT take off (it's from an automatic according to the numbers on the muffler) on our new 08 PONY PACKAGE convertible. I had the same setup on my last 05 convertible. I also installed a K&N drop in filter (the same one I took out of the 05 prior to trade in). I am thrilled with the sound and the performance. The 08 only has about 1500 miles on it at this point.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Cant remember when I bought mine but, I've had them for awhile now and since they have broken-in they have been sounding better and better.Just ordered the dual conversion kit from Ninosport so I'll going dual shortlyI'll see if i can post some clips of the before and after...

I love the GT takeoffs, only thing I'd change them for is some FRPPs but, that is just wishful thinking at this point.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Spaunen
Banned

Does the gt takeoff muffler stick out under the bumper? pics wud be nice.

Quick Reply: My GT takeoff muffler review