Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2005 Mustang Mark III Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 Mustang Mark III Pics

ORIGINAL: 05MustangMarkIII

Haha oh yeah I noticed it mainly rubs in the very front and very back. The front and back on both sides is cracked a little.

About your rant Ive been doing it for 2 years and have never got caught, I know when to drive like an idiot and when not to.

I just noticed your in acworth 5 minutes away and you have a stock V6 wanna run on a closed off road?
Nope. My Pony was custom ordered from the factory just the way I wanted it and it has 516 carefully placed miles on it after 1.5 years.

I'll Pass
Old 07-15-2008, 11:47 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

Haha oh yeah I noticed it mainly rubs in the very front and very back. The front and back on both sides is cracked a little.

About your rant Ive been doing it for 2 years and have never got caught, I know when to drive like an idiot and when not to.

I just noticed your in acworth 5 minutes away and you have a stock V6 wanna run on a closed off road?
Nope. My Pony was custom ordered from the factory just the way I wanted it and it has 516 carefully placed miles on it after 1.5 years.

I'll Pass
I respect that. Mine only has 7,400 miles after 3 years.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Im pretty excited to see the outcome of the race, not the one with buckshot but the first race. Not because this guy will be faster than a v6, but because dealer bs mentality seems to be really running high with the OP.

The company that modified the car is so disreputable that they even blatantly break some laws, but thats not what bothers me the most.

They use redundant wording to even advertise their poduct:

Their mustang is available with: "Monochromatic body Kit"

And apparently they install "Ground Effects" on their Mustang with the Razzy body kit. If this company is seriously claiming that a Razzi body kit is installing ground effects, then I wouldnt even trust them to clean my cupholders. Just for fun Im sending an e-mail to the makers of Razzi, asking them if their body kit in in fact ground effects or not. Ill post that up if its replied to.

Anyway on their website they repeatedly use trademarked and copywrited images of cars that they DONT make and are in fact from completely different tuners. If your company is something that would use your competitors prodct to advertise yourself, then youve got a huge problem probably.

Anyway, this car could very well be significantly slower than stock, but the engine is definitely actually making less horsepower even if it has much freer flowing exhaust. The stock v6 mustang has a special resonator kink in the exhaust system that is designed to boost low end power by using sonic resonance to manipulate the exhaust gases into maximizing engine power, this is the simple explenation. The mufflers suck, but the midpipes are good. To do dual exhaust you have to replace the mid pipes, so that means no more resonance kink and no more low end power. There have been several threads that cover this issue and how to possibly deal with it.

Yeah, on the high end the car has maybe 6 extra hp at the crank, max definitly (as described and tested by ford in their high flow muffler tests to determine the max HP that a muffler (axle back) or cat back system could give a mustang, when they were engineering some of their exhaust systems), but on the low end and over a much greater power band it has probably lost at least 15 hp. This makes it faster at the track (high rpms constantly), but slower on more constant day to day driving.

So you brough a stock mustang with a heavy body kit, and much less horsepower over the power band which was put together by one of the worst tuning companies possible.

For that price (19k) I see SUPERCHARGED 2006 mustang GTs with less than 10k miles for sale all the time. Theres one for sale now actually, but it has a wrongly badged/poser so I wont post the ad so I dont support that, but yes, instead of having 80 fake horsepower you could have had 280 real horsepower. I think that's better.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Looks great from behind.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Praline
1st Gear Member

I used to do things I shouldn't have done, and the more I did them, the more I thought I would get away with it. Stupid me, I'm lucky I'm not in jail.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: Legion5
So you brough a stock mustang with a heavy body kit, and much less horsepower over the power band which was put together by one of the worst tuning companies possible.

For that price I see SUPERCHARGED 2006 mustang GTs with less than 10k miles for sale all the time. Theres one for sale now actually, but it has a wrongly badged/poser so I wont post the ad so I dont support that, but yes, instead of having 80 fake horsepower you could have had 280 real horsepower.
I think you missed the fact that he bought the car three years ago!

To the OP, congrats and welcome to MF. I hope you get that front-end repaired soon. Regarding street racing, you do realized that there are members here who are police officers, right? Cops will talk to other cops, and you just gave them the details of where you go to illegally race. You may want to give the track another thought. Rygen was correct in what he said. Racing at the track is fun and addicting, plus it removes all doubt from those who talk alot of trash. There is a safety crew on-hand , and you won't get in trouble with the law.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 AM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Yeah the track sounds alot safer than street racing. Anyone know if theres a track in the metro Atlanta area?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:58 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: AlloySixxer

Yeah the track sounds alot safer than street racing. Anyone know if theres a track in the metro Atlanta area?
NHRA Tracks in Georgia
Old 07-16-2008, 10:01 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

This is also a good resource for tracks:

http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html
Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke