Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual exhaust?? Help! (pics added!)

Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dual exhaust?? Help!

Well I dont know what to think of that I did a search on Silverline Exhaust and all I can find are SUV and F150/250 truck exhaust systems for Ford I can not find one made for a Ford Mustang. They may make one I just cant find one. Can you get some under car pictures of the exhaust system? I am wondering now what is under it.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:51 AM
NthgToFear

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

Well I dont know what to think of that I did a search on Silverline Exhaust and all I can find are SUV and F150/250 truck exhaust systems for Ford I can not find one made for a Ford Mustang. They may make one I just cant find one. Can you get some under car pictures of the exhaust system? I am wondering now what is under it.
I can try when I get home. I don't feel like crawling around the the parking lot in my good clothes.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NthgToFear

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

That is a stock air box I would like to see some shots of under the car of the exhaust to see what it is. The tail pipe can be fixed easy but I am wondering why one sets out more then the other/could just be the picture angle. I wonder if they are the same type mufflers. I Wonder if it is a true duel or a Y pipe or H or X pipe. Got to love the Screaming Yellow
I think it just looks off because one is hanging lower than the other.

If it makes any difference the pipes says "Silverline".

From the tips it looks like GT take-offs but the muffler sizethey arenot GT take-offs. Isn't Silverline a product from autozone or one of those parts stores?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
NthgToFear

ORIGINAL: ptkthekid

Mustang Forums will give you a serious Mod addiction!!!!!!
Oh god I hope not...

Between guitars, drums, computers and guns I already have enough expensive hobbies.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:00 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

If you like it buy it. Exhaust can always be fixed. However, that screaming yellow color isHARD to find!!!!!! At least up here in Detroit. I searched for MONTHS for a screaming yellow 'stang (with a manual trans)and just couldn't come up with one. I finally had to settle for a black one. In the couple of months that I looked, I only saw one or two yellow autos!! If you want the yellow, you might want to jump on it. Besides, when you sell, I think that yellow will fetch the highest dollar amount. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:07 PM
NthgToFear

ORIGINAL: ptkthekid

If you like it buy it. Exhaust can always be fixed. However, that screaming yellow color isHARD to find!!!!!! At least up here in Detroit. I searched for MONTHS for a screaming yellow 'stang (with a manual trans)and just couldn't come up with one. I finally had to settle for a black one. In the couple of months that I looked, I only saw one or two yellow autos!! If you want the yellow, you might want to jump on it. Besides, when you sell, I think that yellow will fetch the highest dollar amount. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Come to think of it, I haven't seen a lot of yellows around here either (Chicago).

Pulled the trigger on it yesterday. Loving it so far!