Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i recked her

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 02:18 AM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

Default i recked her

yep you read that right, a week ago i tried to avoid hitting an animal and lost control and went through a fence. to make a long story short it will be another 2 weeks before i get her back and my cost is 3165.00. thier goes a lot of oplanned upgrades. i just had the gt grill installed a few days before it happened also, now im without car and i miss my stang
Old 05-07-2005, 02:25 AM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: i recked her

That sucks, but atleast you walked away from it, and atleast it wasn't totalled.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:05 AM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

you should always just hit the animal or whatever is on the road unless its something big. but like cats and stuff...just smoke em. its a lot safer.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:36 AM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

yea hopefully this wont happen again but if its another small animal you bester believe it wont be alive when im done
Old 05-07-2005, 12:10 PM
katonet

I hit a large cat and it broke the lower grill and cost 38 bucks to replace.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Really sorry to hear that [&o] There must not have been much damage as that tab is pretty cheap for body work these days. My wife was stopped at an exit ramp behind a wrecker waiting for an opening in traffic. The wrecker started to go and there was enough room for her too, so she went. The wrecker chickened out and stopped again, she rear-ended him. She hit him going about 8 mph, didn't even pop the air bags in her van. No damage to the wrecker and it -appeared- to be minimal to the van (front end only ,fenders fine, no broken glass, even headlights were OK). Ended up costing over 12k!! We even had the insurance company send an investigator out because we were sure the body shop was ripping them off, but they verified all the replacement parts.

Another story on wrecks, we were coming out of a mall and there is a long light at this certain intersection. There was a car approaching the light (Accord I think) and a new '05 V6 stang approaching behind that one, both turning left. The light went yellow and the stang decided he could make it if he punched it. I guess he was really fixated on the light because he plowed right into the back of the Accord who had stopped on the yellow! I would be surprised if they didn't total the stang, it was a mess. Popped the airbag, front end was half as long as before the wreck, hood was folded double. The driver looked a little woozy, but didn't seem to be hurt too bad. It took him a while to get out of the car. I really felt for him having just gotten my stang about 2 days before!

Anyways, hope you get your ride back soon and that it is as good as before.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:21 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

they have to replace the front fender, the grills and light, side markers ect ect. the driver side right panel, repair the driver door. the radiator is shot, the air condition cooler thing right in front of the radiater, the fans and oil pan
Old 05-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Smoov_1

DUDE!!! ouch..[sm=yikesomg.gif]...sorry to hear that man...

I hope you learn the lesson...If its smaller than an adult human..take em out!! Make road pizza outta of em, and dont even look back !!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15882/CC09069CFE0A4C9EA4871A7976A99026.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-08-2005, 05:29 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

Bad news man...

A local dealer here in town had 4 GT's that were wrecked. He was amazed the crashes happened all around the same time.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:13 AM
iwantamustanginspain

Whatever it is, a car, a animal even a person its best not to swurve out of the way because you will lose control and probably cause more damage to yourself and car than if you hadnt and if it was their fault, they would drive away quite happily leaving you in the gutter.

Quick Reply: i recked her