Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

car wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: car wax

i know i will be asked this so

when applying armor all to the grille mirrors though mine are painted rockers though mine are painted (i.e. i need only wax them) and trim....use amicrofiber applicator and not a rag... use a dry rag and uqd if need be to clean up where go out of the lines. and i use the spray cleaner, for trim, for gel is only for tires. i spray the cleaner on a microfiber applicator and wipe the surface down till it shines, usually a pass or two. i also use this method on the urethane by wipers too...its all about the details...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:21 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: Lethaldosage423

Wow,you should post a full write up in the cleaning section lol.

as you said dont use anything abbrasive on the steering wheel center cap, the previous owner did..ammonia im guessing.. does anyone know where i can get a new one by any chance. I also think it was used on the head lights as they appear almost pitted..i need a product to restore them to shiny clear again.
I use Meguiar's PlastX for clear plastic trim. Here's what it says about it;

This easy-to-use, rich gel formula quickly restores optical clarity to both rigid and flexible clear plastics. Cutting-edge advancements in Meguiar’s® exclusive Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive™ Technology (MDAT) remove light oxidation, chemical degradation, surface contamination, stains and light surface scratches with ease. Special highly water resistant polymers provide long lasting durable protection to keep your clear plastics clear and beautiful longer. We recommend applying PlastX™ with a High Tech Applicator Pad or Ultra Plush Super Terry and using an Ultra Plush Super Terry or Supreme Shine® Microfiber for the final wipe-off.

G1231010 oz. (296 ml)
$5.49
yup thats it! i have it in the car all my stuff is in the trunk i had no idea i would be making a post like this today....lol
Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

phunnyguy with all the Meguiar's products that I use, they should sponsor me!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 AM
ShocK

My car is black so wax has never really been an option, I use an acrylic paint conditioner. It is a clear non abrasive, spray on liquid. There is no mess no swirl marks no buffing no build up no residue no need for clay bar and it lasts through several clear water washings. Takes about 10 minutes to apply and leaves the paint on my car looking showroom new with a mirror like time every time.

Last edited by mygt500; 04-27-2009 at 05:59 AM. Reason: SPAM
Old 08-27-2008, 03:43 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Bring it back to life.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 PM
outastockjohn
2nd Gear Member

i use turtle wax ice. works great on my black finish, i do use meguiars clay bar and detailer. sence i get over spray from parking at work.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:36 AM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

B/C of our 12 month harsh climate here in Wisconsin, I use Klasse AIO and Sealant on my black pony and on silver 07 GMC Acadia. I apply 2 coats of sealant and lasts an easy 12 + months. Exterior still feels like silk finish. This includes running through brushless auto washes 4 times a month during winter/salt season and 2X's a month during non winter season. Both vehicles are Ziebart rust proofed too. Klasse AIO is also great on all plastic components as is acrylic based. I have found that it almost shines as good as friends so called beezwax application. Klasse AIO is once a year exterior protectant that fits the bill for me and receive comments time-to-time.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by phunnyguy
i know i will be asked this so

when applying armor all to the grille mirrors though mine are painted rockers though mine are painted (i.e. i need only wax them) and trim....use amicrofiber applicator and not a rag... use a dry rag and uqd if need be to clean up where go out of the lines. and i use the spray cleaner, for trim, for gel is only for tires. i spray the cleaner on a microfiber applicator and wipe the surface down till it shines, usually a pass or two. i also use this method on the urethane by wipers too...its all about the details...
Once you use Armour All on a surface, it will need to be Armour Alled regularly.
It seems to dry out the plastic surface it is applied to.