Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Fender liners

Old 07-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Fender liners

ORIGINAL: will_c

ORIGINAL: Silver Vert 06

Yes you should get the fender liners. I've seen a GT bumper installed without them and you can see a very large noticeable gap between the v6 fender liners and the GT bumper. The part numbers for the fender liners are 5R3Z-16102-BA and 5R3Z-16103-BA.The part number for the lower radiator splash shield is5R3Z-17626-BA. It would also be a good idea to get the GT foam bumper isolator. The part number for the isolator is 5R3Z-17C947-BA.

Take a look at this thread if you haven't already. Its a write up for installing GT takeoffs and has information about the parts you will need. https://mustangforums.com/m_1121391/tm.htm

I can't remember the exact prices of each part but I think the fender liners were $16-20ish, the isolator was less than $20, and I can't remember the cost of the lower radiator splash shield. If I have time tommorow I will find my receipt from the Ford dealer so I can post the exact prices I paid.

The parts I listed are only the bare minimum needed. You may need to replace some of the hardware. If you would like me to post the part numbers for the hardware, just let me know and I will post them up.
Luckily, you do not have to get that part. You can simply take a razor blade and shave off the top portion of the one you have already. The part that says "V6" on it can be shaved down to flush with the rest of the foam... i dont have a picture, but trust me, i did it and it works fine. that's the only difference in the V6 and the GT foam isolators: the gt doesn't have the ridge in it that the V6 one does b/c the grill is larger (vertically).
Thanks..i read about that on the how to install a GT bumper forum the only thing im really desperate for is the Fender liners...i cant afford an extra $100 plus for the splash sheild he said it would be another $58 plus tax....thats too much
Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

if you check that link above to titus will ford or whatever it is, the fender liners are $23 a piece. so around 70 total for both after tax and stuff i'm assuming... you CAN make it work without purchasing the fender liners for now if you want... there will be a gap, but its not a HUGE ordeal unless it just bugs you to death. the GT fender liners do help to stabalize the Gt bumper on the sides, but it'll be ok without them until you have the money to replace them... or forever if you choose not to do so.

the radiator splash shield thing... not necessary... your V6 didn't come with one stock,have you had any problems yet? personally, I dont see a need in purchasing one. That saves you a few bucks there too.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: will_c

if you check that link above to titus will ford or whatever it is, the fender liners are $23 a piece. so around 70 total for both after tax and stuff i'm assuming... you CAN make it work without purchasing the fender liners for now if you want... there will be a gap, but its not a HUGE ordeal unless it just bugs you to death. the GT fender liners do help to stabalize the Gt bumper on the sides, but it'll be ok without them until you have the money to replace them... or forever if you choose not to do so.

the radiator splash shield thing... not necessary... your V6 didn't come with one stock,have you had any problems yet? personally, I dont see a need in purchasing one. That saves you a few bucks there too.
Yeah that place was my next source...im an aspiring mechanic...anything to do with cars i love and i cant get away with doing just half the job...so im using all thats required...i have the money but my dads getting on my case about me owing him $600 for insurance but im getting it part by part..i have the grille and wiring harness and im putting in clear corners while im at it... i love the look and those are on the way i just need my bumper..fogs, fender liners and the splash sheild.

Thanks for the input guys really appreciate the help!!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Parts orderd.. 2 Fender liners, 1 splash sheild and the apropriate screws!!
thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
travlr

ORIGINAL: Lethaldosage423

...im putting in clear corners while im at it... i love the look and those are on the way i just need my bumper..fogs, fender liners and the splash sheild.
hahaha... clear corners... you guys from cali

i didn't (have to) buy a new raditor shield for mine... but it seems like it's too late for you... or when you say slash sheild, do you mean the stone deflector underneath the car? If it's the later, that wasn't too important.... however, i stillbought one and put it on my car... didn't need a ramp though, but I'm tall and skinny enough to reach under my car... just make sure you have the proper retainers if you got the stone deflector... i just used some that I found in my garage and it worked out great.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Lol yeah i ment the stone deflector... the curb from my driveway to the road is pretty gnarley so i decided i would so i dont tear it off if i come down at the wrong angle.

I got all the parts listed in the how to forum except the foam insert because i was told you can just shave down the v6 one which is what im going to do.