Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lil off topic but still relates......Mustang v6 Camaro V6

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Lil off topic but still relates......Mustang v6 Camaro V6

let's just hope Ford is prepared for this, after all, I mean, the rumors about the Camaro pushing 300HP in the V6 and 400 in the V8 have been floating around for a while....so I would expect Ford to have caught onto that and prepared something to counter that. Basically, as things stand now, if the Mustang can manage to stay lighter than the Camaro with slightly less power it'll be winning all day long
Old 07-23-2008, 12:44 AM
CapitalG
3rd Gear Member

you know even though the v6 s197 only makes 210 hp its 240 torque is still pretty sick , the 2010 camaro only makes 30 more stock, and considering it weighs 600 lbs more thats not that impressive.

I just wish Ford didnt get lazy with the S197 and made the v6 250 hp like they should've but since they had no competition they had no motivation
Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Just a thought. If they make the turbo v6 and all how much more room do you think there will be for mods. I am pretty sure they will push it to where you can't increase the boost by much more. Cause the camaro will be na. So if you slap a supercharger or turbo and that thing then what? [&o] Probably too many factors involved to really make an educated guess but its just a thought[&:]
Old 07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
ShadowWulf
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Just a thought. If they make the turbo v6 and all how much more room do you think there will be for mods. I am pretty sure they will push it to where you can't increase the boost by much more. Cause the camaro will be na. So if you slap a supercharger or turbo and that thing then what? [&o] Probably too many factors involved to really make an educated guess but its just a thought[&:]
Slap F/I onto an engine that already has 11.3:1 compression ratio...????

You're certainly right about the "too many factors" with this direct injection technology.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thenatural

no 4 cyl in Mustangs.. god no, nightmares!
Actually from what I've read, it won't be that bad. Here's an article;

6=8, 4=6
With both factors in the equation, the EcoBoost 6 cylinder engine car produces like an 8 and a 4 cylinder like a 6, In addition, a 6 speed transmission offers a smoother acceleration and better economy. Go farther and use less gas.

And the link to that article;

http://www.autobloggreen.com/photos/...ngines/558306/
Old 07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
OnyxGhost

im not shure ford is prepared... seems to me like the mustang is always a little behind... i mean the 05 gt has 300hp but the 98 camaro had around 315 right? i know its not all about the numbers but seems to me like ford would have a more powerful mustang already... with that said im not tryin to hate on ford I love both mustang and camaro, and i chose to buy a mustang.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
pthurm_28
2nd Gear Member

It can make 300 hp so i wonder what the rwhp is and what the torque is.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I love the V6 Mustang and I am a FORD man I have only owned Fords for the last 30+ years but I got to tell you I would trade my Mustang for a New Yellow CamaroMight be sorry down the road but I think it is HOT as HELL If it is a V6 and 300hp sign me up. LOL
Transformers here I come Bumble Bee Me
Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

I had to jump into buying a Mustang last month. the reason being is that my decision between a Challenger R/T, Camaro SS and Bullitt Mustang would've been too hard. So I decided i'd settle with my V6 and build a CS6 (the car that really turned me onto the 6s) inspired Mustang. I may end up with a Challenger R/T or Camaro SS somewhere further down the line.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
travlr

The other day, I read on a camaro forum that the Camaro will be in like a slightly different car class, so it's not worth comparing the (2010) Mustang to the Camaro... I think I was drunk when I read it, but I'm pretty sure that's what they were saying....

I think that w/e ford does with the 2010 Mustang will kick the crap out of the camaro... tho that's just me [8D]My rationale... Ford was asleep at the helm, not really having a specific threat to the Pony car market, but after the info release on the camaro, they got a swift kick in the a**

Quick Reply: Lil off topic but still relates......Mustang v6 Camaro V6