Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual exhaust installed ... pics and video.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Default Dual exhaust installed ... pics and video.

After staring at my driver-side GT takeoff on my shelf for over two years, I have finally made the conversion. The dual GT takeoffs sound very nice. Not terribly loud, but deep and throaty. I had a local shop create the left mid-pipe and H-pipe for me. He gave the H a somewhat rounded shape, as this apparently makes it sound better. I am pleased.

Here is a video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61iqY1dkz0

Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dual exhaust installed ... pics and video.

Nice man,never seen a custom H-pipe like that though. Just wait til they break in all the way, it gets better.I usedto have theGT take-offs and they do sound good but I wanted louder.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

That D/S GT takeoff will take a while to break in though. You remind me of me. I've had a D/S takeoff just sitting there for longer than I'd like to admit. One question, Did your exhaust get much "louder" than the single? I LOVE the T/O sound, I just wish they were louder!! I saw your vid, I love that little "crackle" on the decel.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

how much the the shop charge to make the custom H pipe and mid pipe?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

My dual exhaust is definitely louder than before when i just had the single GT takeoff. There is also more popping during deceleration.

The shop charged me $290 for everything. I provided him with the GT mufflers, and I made the valance cut. This is Canada, and certain jobs like this tend to cost a little more than in the USA. I think it was a reasonable fee. If I could do it again, I might have gone for the Pypes kit, which is for sale at www.v6mustangstuff.com for just $285.99. If I didn't have mortgages and responsibilities, I might have even sprung for the FRPP setup.

I swear I feel more power now, although I've been told that it makes little power difference.

Ken

Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ken Rogers

My dual exhaust is definitely louder than before when i just had the single GT takeoff. There is also more popping during deceleration.

The shop charged me $290 for everything. I provided him with the GT mufflers, and I made the valance cut. This is Canada, and certain jobs like this tend to cost a little more than in the USA. I think it was a reasonable fee. If I could do it again, I might have gone for the Pypes kit, which is for sale at www.v6mustangstuff.com for just $285.99. If I didn't have mortgages and responsibilities, I might have even sprung for the FRPP setup.

I swear I feel more power now, although I've been told that it makes little power difference.

Ken

I did the same thing. Put one of the GT mufflers on and drove it for about a month then finished the true duals and it deff made a difference in power.