Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Pony Package Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: V6 Pony Package Question

The bumper cover for a V6 and a PonyPackage are one in the same.
Same size holes for the upper and lower grills.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
bobs184

That's why I'm thinking what I bought will still work since the lower grille is the same size and shape as the regular V6 one. This piece just attaches to the stock grille, no tools are involved and nothing gets cut or drilled.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:39 AM
bobs184

I finally took it to a mechanic and it won't fit, which is what I expected. Does anyone know of a lower grille clip-on piece (or any one that acts as a directly replacement) that will fit the Pony Package model? I'm happy with the way the main grille looks but just want something for the bottom.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2008, 02:40 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

I like the Pony Package grills from mrbodykit.com because they sell them in billet and black and I always thought the black would look good on my car. You can buy the top and bottom grills seperately too.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:17 PM
bobs184

Thanks for the site info...They've got some nice stuff over there.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:08 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobs184

I finally took it to a mechanic and it won't fit, which is what I expected. Does anyone know of a lower grille clip-on piece (or any one that acts as a directly replacement) that will fit the Pony Package model? I'm happy with the way the main grille looks but just want something for the bottom.

Thanks
Um what? It has to fit. Either the mechanic doesn't know what he's doing or you have a wacky front bumper. Why even take it to a mechanic just for that though? And I must ask why you bought the lower grill replacement in the first place. Sounds like something was wrong with your bumper from the get go and not the insert itself.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

It sounds like he has a GT grill, which is a bit longer than the V6 one. If so, it's too big for the V6 bumper. I know this, because I just ordered a replacement and they incorrectly sent me the GT grill. The stock V6 grill fits my Pony Package just fine, as the bumper covers are identical.

An easy way to tell the difference between the GT and V6 grills (besides the width) is that the V6 has open honeycombs which allow air to pass through, while the GT has blocked-off honeycombs and a post down the center of the opening in the middle. The V6 grill has no post down the center opening.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:47 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Charlie321

It sounds like he has a GT grill, which is a bit longer than the V6 one. If so, it's too big for the V6 bumper. I know this, because I just ordered a replacement and they incorrectly sent me the GT grill. The stock V6 grill fits my Pony Package just fine, as the bumper covers are identical.

An easy way to tell the difference between the GT and V6 grills (besides the width) is that the V6 has open honeycombs which allow air to pass through, while the GT has blocked-off honeycombs and a post down the center of the opening in the middle. The V6 grill has no post down the center opening.
Well, he did say earlier that it's the same size as the regular V6 lower grill. I don't see how it could be the GT lower grill.

In any case I don't see why it's not snapping in. Obviously it's not something you just plug in and it dandily fits right in... it should take a little bit of bending and getting it angled right to get it snapped in properly.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 AM
bobs184

I took it to a mechanic because after 30 minutes of bending and snapping myself, I wanted him to try.

It's not exactly a replacement...It's a piece that snaps on to what's already there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...18018&rd=1

The middle part with the two openings fit fine, but each end is not aligning right with what I have on my lower grill.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:22 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

I don't mean to hijack the thread but can I ask a different pp question? I am thinking about getting pp center caps for my wheels. I just have the standard Ford caps right now. Do the ponys on the caps face the same direction? In other words, when on the car, do two of them (driver's side) face the front and the other two face the rear?

Quick Reply: V6 Pony Package Question