Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Pony Package Question

Old 07-27-2008, 07:59 PM
bobs184

Default V6 Pony Package Question

I was wondering if the LOWER FRONT GRILLE of the V6 Mustang and the V6 Pony Package Mustang are the same. I don't mean the part with the foglights, but the just the lower strip that's only a couple inches in height.

The reason I ask is because I bought a grille insert for my Pony Package Mustang and have not been able to install it yet because I can't really get it to fit. I figure that the two models should be the same but who knows.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2008, 08:10 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Pony Package Question

i don't think they're the same.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i dont believe they are...i have the lower inset you speak of. but i believe it is different than the standard 6.

i honestly dont remember who makes mine.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
C_Thomp24

I hate to the bearer of bad news, but they are not the same. My car was just a regular V6 and I added the Pony Package grill and the lower grill is different than the other grill. But they are the same size though, because I had no modifications to it.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Praline
1st Gear Member

They are the same size, but different designs. The regular v6 is a honeycomb pattern, the pony pack has like all straight horizontal lines. My PP lower grille fell out after hitting a curb, and the dealer gave me a regular one for free(they're like $30 or something from the dealers, but the guy owed me), it looks fine and fit right in.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:32 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: C_Thomp24

I hate to the bearer of bad news, but they are not the same. My car was just a regular V6 and I added the Pony Package grill and the lower grill is different than the other grill. But they are the same size though, because I had no modifications to it.
I'm confused. Did you just say the other lower grill is different, but the same size?
Old 07-27-2008, 10:43 PM
C_Thomp24

ORIGINAL: staggolee

ORIGINAL: C_Thomp24

I'm confused. Did you just say the other lower grill is different, but the same size?

They are different, as in being visually different just like the regular V6 grill and the Pony Package grills, but they are the same size, all they are visually different. I hope this makes sense, I know its hard for me to explain.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:08 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Ya, the V6 lower grill insert and the Pony Package lower grill insert are both different appearance-wise but they are both the same size and fit the V6 bumper exactly the same whether or not your car came with the Pony Package.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:16 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Alright, i understand. I must've confused myself because we had only been speaking in terms of size. My mistake.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 AM
bobs184

Thanks for all the answers. I looked at a couple V6's today without the pony package and can see the same shape but different look. So I still might be ok because it seems to just be a different design but same size and same overall shape.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V6 Pony Package Question