Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Question - Idle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Hellstorm

Default X-Charger Question - Idle?

Hi,
I installed my X-Charger a few weeks ago. The past few days I have noticed that when I start the car in the morning my rpms are at around 1000. Once it heats up a few seconds they drop down to about 900 rpms. The car seems fine while I am driving. However, once I stop the car and put it in park (I have an automatic) the rpms drop to around 400 or so briefly and the car sounds like it is going to die. The rpms do this at least once (maybe twice) immediatly after I stop and put the car in park and then the idle goes back up to about 750 or so and stays constant at 750. Has anyone else seen this or know if it is something that I need to be overly worried about? Could it be a tune issue or a vacuum leak of some kind? I plan or replacing my fuel filter next weekend just to see if that helps (sitting at around 12000 miles right now). I definitely appreciate any feedback on this one.
Thanks![/align]
Old 08-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger Question - Idle?

There's an issue with the x-charger dying on idle, some othe people should be able to chime in. By comparison to other superchargers that's a very minor thing, but it's a known issue with a simple fix.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

There is NOT a known issue with the Xcharger dying on idle. Please get your facts straight before making a statement like this.
Sounds like a vacuum leak or you may have to reload the tune.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Hellstorm

Just to add to my original symptoms: I don't have any problems while I am driving my car. Acceleration is smooth and when I stop at a stop light for example my rpms stay at around 800 or so. The car only tries to die as soon as I put it in park. Would a vacuum leak display these symptoms or would I have the problem all the time?
Thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:41 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

A vac leak should present itself whenever the car is idling... park or drive.Sounds like the PCM is adjusting the idle when you put the car in park.Have you tried reloading the tune? Disconnecting the battery to reset the auto learn?
I would first disconnect (10min)/reconnect the battery and let the pcm re-learn. If the problem persisted I would reload the tune. If after doing the above it was still an issue, I would give Doug a call.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

In the X-Cal tuner file there are idle perameters that can be adjusted. One is for neutral and one is for drive, check those settings and see if one is set too low.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

There is NOT a known issue with the Xcharger dying on idle. Please get your facts straight before making a statement like this.
Umm that's exactaly what I'm talking about. The vac leak causes the engine to die at idle, but thanks for the tip, moron.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

There's an issue with the x-charger dying on idle, some othe people should be able to chime in. By comparison to other superchargers that's a very minor thing, but it's a known issue with a simple fix.
Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you were a supercharger expert. How did you come to the conclusion "it's a known issue with a simple fix" Are you running an X? what system are you running?
Calling me a moron hasmade me curious about your bada$$ ride. (you have no sig or sig pic)Post up some pics I'd like to see just how much of a "moron" I am.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 AM
schapman
4th Gear Member

I just installed my x-charger 3 weeks ago and I'm not aware of an issue with vacuum leaks.
I guess the "KNOW" issue is with people not installing things correctly? Legion, If your going to call people Morons...please have YOUR information correct.

ORIGINAL: Legion5

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

Umm that's exactaly what I'm talking about. The vac leak causes the engine to die at idle, but thanks for the tip, moron.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
The Torch

Sorry, to hijack this post but i have a question about the x-charger. When installed what kind of maintenance does it require? Also, when i get my oil changed and etc. does the x charger effect that process as well? Sorry one more question, approximately how much did you guys spend for x charger and installation?

Thanks

Quick Reply: X-Charger Question - Idle?