Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How good are my numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Big Blue Md

Default RE: How good are my numbers?

ORIGINAL: overcome1236

what does that convert to the crank.... like the car stock is 210 hp but like 178 rwhp .... so if its like 210 rwhp then its like 255 hp?
Ya that's about rite.
Hay those are good #'s mines rite at 208 and just CAI Mac single axle back and a Granatelli tune.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Big Blue, you have the Fuego tuner? how is their customer support? their shop is just about a mile from my job. i was thinking of going there and getting my car on their mustang dyno.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Ok, so my numbers on a DYNOmite are 218.9 HP 240 TQ - What does that mean in numbers compared to a Mustang Dyno & DynoJet. I don't know the formula so if you could help me out it'd be appreciated.

It was rating rwhp? or is that 218.9 at the flywheel?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95cobby

ORIGINAL: Playboy06

Hah, I thought Dynomite was some lame spin on the word they did, and for some reason thought the Mustang Dyno was the where the car has the back wheels sit on the rollers, I was actually told that the DynoJet (Where they take of the back wheels) runs about 5hp higher.

Yeah thanks for letting me know about the numbers, i'm gonna post a video today and you guys can listen to the throat in this exhaust, made me damn proud!

Thanks and check back soon!
-Josh

If the car is RWD of course the rear wheels will sit on the rollers and same for FWD with the front wheels...

There's a bigger difference than just 5hp between a Mustang Dyno anda DynoJet.

You can read about the DYNOmite here:
http://www.land-and-sea.com/chassis-...assis-dyno.htm
I've had my car Dyno'd on a DynoJet and it didn't sit on rollers, they litterally took my back wheels of and hooked a machine to both sides on the axle and THEN dyno'd it.

I read about the Dynomite but I don't know how to get my numbers from the Dynomite in numbers to a Mustang Dyno + DynoJet.

Gimme a hand here?

Thanks,
-Josh
Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Your talking about some sort of Portable Dyno .... A DynoJet without a doubt is on runners ... Here is mine on a DYNOJET ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE30buMF8Rw

It sounds like the DYNOMITE is setup to determine crank HP ... your numbers are way too high ...

Hah, I thought Dynomite was some lame spin on the word they did, and for some reason thought the Mustang Dyno was the where the car has the back wheels sit on the rollers, I was actually told that the DynoJet (Where they take of the back wheels) runs about 5hp higher.

Yeah thanks for letting me know about the numbers, i'm gonna post a video today and you guys can listen to the throat in this exhaust, made me damn proud!

-Josh

If the car is RWD of course the rear wheels will sit on the rollers and same for FWD with the front wheels...

There's a bigger difference than just 5hp between a Mustang Dyno and a DynoJet.

I've had my car Dyno'd on a DynoJet and it didn't sit on rollers, they litterally took my back wheels of and hooked a machine to both sides on the axle and THEN dyno'd it.

I read about the Dynomite but I don't know how to get my numbers from the Dynomite in numbers to a Mustang Dyno + DynoJet.

Gimme a hand here?

Thanks,
-Josh
Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Your talking about some sort of Portable Dyno .... A DynoJet without a doubt is on runners ... Here is mine on a DYNOJET ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE30buMF8Rw

It sounds like the DYNOMITE is setup to determine crank HP ... your numbers are way too high ...

-Josh

There's a bigger difference than just 5hp between a Mustang Dyno anda DynoJet.

Gimme a hand here?

Thanks,
-Josh
Yup, sounds right to me then.