Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Boosted 6 Pilots...Please Comment

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Yeah that's why I say if you want a more reliable type of FI go with the X. But if you want the most power go turbo
Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black Mamba GTT
NO I if I could go back I wouln't do it again ever. I had way too many problems and stuff to worry about. I wish I would have just kept it NA and spent the money on the vette in the first place.

I will probably never put any FI on a car unless its from the factory or I move back home where my dad can work on it for free

O I had a Vortech just so you know. the X is probably more reliable but you won't get as much power out of it.
Dude, you were pimping that car HARD here on this forum trying to sell it. You were telling everybody how great it was etc.. When no one would buy the car you started pimping the SC alone. Now you say it was nothing but trouble, I'm glad no one here bought it!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Busted....

What can you expect from a "Corvette guy" anyway
Old 08-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Hey now. Why do you think I was trying to sell the stupid thing. It was working fine after I got all the bugs out of it. The person that would have bought it probably wouldn't have any problems with it at all. I fixed all the crap that went wrong with it.......but you see I was selling it cause I didn't want to take that chance of something going wrong with it again.

It was a great car and great fun.........I just didn't want to fix it up anymore and got tired of spending money on the stupid stuff and wanted a car with a warrenty..........aka CORVETTE TIME!!!

I actually sold it to my personal trainer which is having a blast with it....no problems what so ever.....I still get to see it everyday and miss it at times. He keeps that thing running and looking better than I ever did. Never had time for that stuff.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:49 AM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

Wink

[QUOTE=Black Mamba GTT;5354653
I actually sold it to my personal trainer which is having a blast with it....no problems what so ever.....I still get to see it everyday and miss it at times. He keeps that thing running and looking better than I ever did. Never had time for that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Working hard to pay off that vette :P
Old 08-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Exactly!!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:24 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The X on the 4.0 is great, good power throughout the RPM band, clean install and still get good MPG (the MP90 is pretty damn efficient). I've driven the X in various configurations on the street and on the track. Its a great setup. I've also driven the 4.0 with a centri in various gear configurations, and the 4.0 with nitrous. All were great fun.

Everyone has their preference, mine is turbo's, but that does not mean some of us don't appreciate the other kits out there.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Reading this is making me so jealous lol, i want an X charger so bad. All in all, with the tune, CAI, rear end and the X charger...how much am i looking to spend? and does it matter that i have an A/T?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:50 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
Reading this is making me so jealous lol, i want an X charger so bad. All in all, with the tune, CAI, rear end and the X charger...how much am i looking to spend? and does it matter that i have an A/T?
It's really according to whether you are going to do your own install and if you are doing the 7.5 rear with a T-Lock and gears or a take off 8.8. Assumong you do your install the X will cost approx $4000. Gears and T-Lock installed in a 7.5" are about $800, you can get a take off 8.8 for about the same price or less.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:30 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Auto trans is not a problem, and the rear end is not a problem either. If you don't intend to go to the track (and do major launches with sticky tires), the 7.5 rear is fine. If you want to do it in phases, put the X in, then do the rear later. It's not like the 7.5 rear is going to explode as soon as you put F/I in a sixxer.

Again, your actions are the major contributor to failure. If you put on F/I and occassionally tap into it for street fun, all the stock components (rear, trans) are fine. If you are a track junkie, and beat the pi** out of your car every weekend, ya, the stock stuff will fail.

Quick Reply: Boosted 6 Pilots...Please Comment