Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New PP V6, 3 weeks and now some questions for you all..

Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Foreu2env
Hey everyone, I introduced myself in the new members area a couple weeks ago, but now I have some questions about my car since I've had a chance to put a few miles on it..

#1 - Is the "Mustang" black plastic door sil supposed to get soaked if it rains or you go through a car wash? Whenever I open my door after the car's been wet, the entire plastic thing is covered in water.

Yep, especially if you spray the car wash wand at that area between
the rocker panel and the bottom of the door.

#2 - I have an MT and the other day at a stop light, i started to take off in 1st at a casual pace, about 2 seconds after i started to take my foot off the clutch the shifter literally shot like a cannon out of first gear and into neutral.. Was it just not engaged far enough or is this something I should worry about? Also, does anyone ever have a problem going from 2nd to 3rd at high rpms? Im entirely ready to accept the fact it's my driving ability.. but I just thought I'd check. I've put 3,000+ miles on my car in 3 weeks and i've only had these problems come up less than 5 times, so I'm not too concerned.. I've only been driving a stick since i got this mustang and while I pride myself on being able to pick up anything quickly, I can definitely take the humbling of a "you just dont know wtf you're doing" comment if necessary.

You didnt have it fully engaged in 1st. The stock sloppy rubber bushings
in the shifter assembly can cause that. Prothane Poly Bushings FTW.

#3 - Does anyone else with a shaker system have an incredibly annoying door rattle noise from the drivers side? I've tried holding down every piece of trim, handles, etc along the door and nothing stops the rattle. I'm wondering if something inside the door itself is doing it? It goes away when the window is down, but I dont know if that's because the wind drowns out the rattle or if the window itself is holding something in place? of course this is only during music that really utilizes that factory sub in the door panel.

Typical for stock stereo systems. Some DynaMat would cure 99%
of the rattles from the ??door mounted?? subs.

That's all I can come up with for now, thanks for any advice!
Please come again...
Old 08-24-2008, 12:20 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Ive only popped mine out of first once, and it was like a cannon like you said haha. For the door rattle yes, half of the car rattles lol but its something I have gotten used to. Especially change in the cup holders but I think thats from my exhaust. Welcome!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Foreu2env
1st Gear Member

thanks again everyone, glad I could get some feedback!