Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sixxer Love

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:59 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Default Sixxer Love

So, over and over i hear people seeing my car and saying "hey is that a v8" And when i tell them that its a sixxer they are all like oh you shoulda gotten the v8. I think its mostly my age range that they are just see movies and want the biggest engine they can get. But i hear it all the time on these forums too, the whole "sixxers arnt really mustangs". Im really sick of it.
Besides the whole i saved 8 grand thing, what are the reasons that you love and chose to buy your v6?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Foreu2env
1st Gear Member

The reasons I got a V6 instead of a V8...

I wanted a manual transmission... when I hadn't ever driven a manual before. When I test drove the V6 I decided that was enough power to deal with while learning the MT... especially since I came from a 98hp Focus, major upgrade.

Gas - it's not much of a difference, but when you drive 25,000 miles a year, every bit helps

Insurance, again, not much.. but there's a difference

options - I couldn't justify the payment of a V8 with all the options I wanted. I could have put together a down and dirty basic V8 but I'm happy with my Pony package V6 with all sorts of nice extras I never would have been able to afford with the GT.

trivial reason? I love the pony package grill way more than the GT grill. Yes, i realize this is something i could have swapped if i wanted... but like i said, this reason is just trivial and a personal pref thing.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Here is why I got my V6.....

It's my car, it's the only windveil blue they had, and I don't have piston envy.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM
wrestlinnut
1st Gear Member

1. A V6 was the only thing in my price range. (now and in the long run for upkeep)

2. I dont like the fog lights on the GT or any of the GT emblems.

3. I have plenty of fun with my V6 as a daily driver and see no reason for a GT right now.

As far as a the sixers not being a mustang.......they are just idiots.

Last edited by wrestlinnut; 08-22-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
oh6vee6
2nd Gear Member

I got mine because I needed a reliable DD that looked good, got decent mileage, and didn't break the bank. My 6'er is all of these things. It's plenty of fun after the few mods I've done and it still costs me a couple of hundred less a month between gas, insurance and loan payment.

If I wanted a racecar I would have built a Fox Body...
Old 08-22-2008, 09:19 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by wrestlinnut
2. I dont like the fog lights on the GT or any of the GT emblems.
I agree with the GT emblems, but how can ya not like the fog lights... they look awesome!

Last edited by 28HopUp; 08-22-2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: fixed the quote so it works now
Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Omg, I am glad to hear someone has the same gripe as me. I mean people ask me that and when they find out its a 6er they just dont seem to like it anymore. I mean I save on gas and insurance. My favorite part is that I only have to make some of the payments. One thing though is that a these 6bangers have more potential than a GT ever had. I mean I have said it on here before, if someone would design a set of 3Valve heads for our cars because it would be easy to do, that and a turbo or supercharger would leave a GT in the Dust
Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM
wrestlinnut
1st Gear Member

I dont know. Just something about the fog lights does not appeal to me. Maybe im just insane.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

I kinda like the gt front, it looks really aggressive. But i think it takes a bit to get used to the lights. Tell you one thing i regret about my sixxer is not getting the pony package
Old 08-22-2008, 02:20 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

I get the same thing everyone thinks its a GT haven't heard the shouldya got the 8 much but I can tell there thinking it, truth be told I regret not getting the GT for the simple fact that if you make real power you need to upgrade to an 8.8*gt has one stock* peg leg burnouts*gt has a posi/t-lok stock* swaybars stock 6's don't have a rear bar PP does but the front&rear are still smaller than the stock GT bars, dual exhaust I mean come on all you have to do to get the GT sounding mean as hell is swap the axle back*me I would do the pypes MM setup if I had a GT* the body imo looks more balanced on the GT stock for stock against the 4.0 because the GT front&back bumpers are lower not to mention again the exhaust if you go dual on your 4.0 you got to cut your rear bumper the foglights personnaly I hate on the GT's I would either sell them and use the money for other mods or get a eleanor style grill right off the bat, on another note the GT has a much larger lower grill opening to stuff a big intercooler in lets see bigger stock factory wheels*16 versus 17&18* much more aftermarket support as far as looks&performance go for the 4.6 plus the engine is a 3V more advanced than the 4.0. That all being said I really like my car its unique and if that turboboost comes out I'm either gonna trade mine in or buy a wrecked one and swap it in, I wish that ford had a more advanced 6 stock like a direct injected version or something

Quick Reply: Sixxer Love