Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:19 AM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

Default Fog Lamps

I noticed some talk before about the fog lamp availability on the V6. I just bought my V6 today and one of the things I asked for, and got, were the fog lamps.

They weren't on it when I took delivery today, but they are going to schedule me to drop it off one day this week and they will add the fog lamps with the V8 grille. Should be nice.

Actually, the guy that does it works at a different dealership, but does that work for this dealership. I think at the one he works at they sell some V6s off the lot with the lamps already in.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Fog Lamps

It's definitely a cool mod! How much are they charging for it? There's a dealership in Dallas (Troy Aikman Ford) that has done at least one conversion as well. I asked about it at another dealership and was told the parts were not yet available to do it. He feigned surprise when I told him I had already seen one done by the Aikman dealership!
Old 05-15-2005, 01:44 AM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

I only found four V6 manual transmissions in the area. One dealership never called me back with a quote. They had a white one, which I am not interested in, and a mineral grey.

The second dealership had a sonic blue one. I requested a quote and then called. The girl insisted that she could tell me everything I wanted to know. She said I would have to buy the car stock, and then have the lights put on aftermarket. No sale.

The dealership right down the street had a black one. They said that they could get the lights done for $495... so it was financed right in with the car.

10 minutes later a guy from the dealership with the blue one called back. He said they could do it as well, but I told him that girl yesterday screwed up his sale... and he would have had the sale, too. Oh well... told him he missed my sale by 10 minutes.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:48 AM
rjonesjr34
1st Gear Member

If I were you I would not install the GT grille. It does not fit well into the v6 mount and there will be warping of the tabs and gaps between the grille and the bumper. I paid 340 for a kit off ebay that i ended up getting rid of for these problems. Recently someone has started selling the V6 grilles with foglights in them to eliminate the fitting problems. I had one of these grilles installed today and it looks great and fits just like the V6 grille.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I'll post pictures of mine as soon as I can figure out this uploader.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:41 AM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

I think I'm going to drive across town today and look at the other ones the guy has done to see exactly what they're going to look like.

How is that fellow in ebay getting those lights into the V6 grill so nicely?
Old 05-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==They said that they could get the lights done for $495...==

That's a good price, I would have done it as well.

==I paid 340 for a kit off ebay that i ended up getting rid of for these problems.==

Was it this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I've been thinking of getting that one myself because the ad makes it sound like the fitting modifications have already been done. The fit in the pictures looks great, and I've read two postings by 2 different people that the installation went smoothly. The GT grille conversion done by the dealership that I mentioned above looked excellent too.

==Recently someone has started selling the V6 grilles with foglights in them to eliminate the fitting problems.==

What I like about the GT lights is they are about the same size as the headlights. So it looks like quad lights like on the '69 Mustang. The Wick conversion works well, but the lights are too small in my opinion. It doesn't have the same look as the GT.

Old 05-15-2005, 02:58 PM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

Well, after driving across town this morning I realized that the dealership over there is using aftermarket fog lamps on them. They are mounting them in front of the grill, and they look a slight bit smaller than the headlights.

If you passed one on the road, you wouldn't be able to tell. I couldn't tell driving up.. only when I got right up to them. Even from a few feet away you wouldn't notice at first glance.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:13 PM
rjonesjr34
1st Gear Member

This is the custom grille the guy on ebay did for me. He cut the V6 grille and put the fog lights into the grille then melted it all together so it looks factory.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15110/6B7D63DC8F304B80A8C9D930B0E5A07F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==and they look a slight bit smaller than the headlights==

If you're considering smaller driving lights, you might wait until this comes out:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...NewGrille2.jpg

This reportedly will be part of the "pony package" being offered on '06 V6 stangs. Should be a direct bolt-on swap. Looks almost exactly like the front on my aunt's GT, I think it's a '66.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:12 PM
GotMy05Mustang

We have the conversion from wcpparts on e-bay. The kit is clean and IS the stock GT grille with modifications. There has been no warping and the fit awesome.

The only way you can tell it's not stock is if you know what your looking for. The bottom of the grille does not sit flush with the front bumper, but unless your right up on it, you can't tell.

The switch almost looks stock as well. It came with a new light switch assembly all together. The only difference is there is a fog lamp switch to the right of the dim switch. I will take some pics and post them tonight.

Quick Reply: Fog Lamps