Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's the Best Compliment You've Ever Received?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Stick03
2nd Gear Member

Default What's the Best Compliment You've Ever Received?

I know, we all get plenty of love from our friends and family, but what is the best compliment you've ever received about your 4.0?

I'm a baseball and softball umpire and I was walking over to my car to change in between games last night, when this gorgeous girl walks up to me and says, " That is a beautiful car! I have to be honest with you, I got a boner the moment I saw it!"

I hope she wasn't being literal, but my immediate response was, "Well, then that makes two of us!"
Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

The best one I got was last year when I joined a charity cruise and show hosted by the local Mopar Club. They had 35-40 new model Dodge Chargers and Magnums (incuding Daytonas, R/T's, etc) Some pretty tricked out.

There was just a smattering of non-Mopar cars there including mine, and there were exactly 3 trophies for the whole show: Best Classic (50's and before), Best Muscecar Era (60's and 70's) and Best Modern (80's to present)

Now, keeping in mind that this was a primarily Dodge show, presented by a Dodge club, with judging by Dodge club members, and 30+ new Dodges owned by club members in attendence, well you can imagine my shock at being awarded the Best Modern trophy with a Mustang (and with a V6 car to boot)

That's one I ain't forgetting anytime soon.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Is that exhaust stock?
Attached Thumbnails What's the Best Compliment You've Ever Received?-august08.jpg  

Last edited by 157dB; 08-27-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

when someone asks me if its a gt i take it as an insult.

best compliment I got was being chosen as 1 out of 3 lucky finalists to receive a $30,000 re-vamp at the 2008 Pomona Modular Muscle Mayhem. the guys giving away the prize were looking for clean cars whose owners would be the type of people to take care of a car given such an opportunity.

although i didn't win, I know the guy who did, xRobxCorex, so it's alllllll good. This way my insurance doesn't go soaring up and away lol.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Just like tonight after work when someone pulls up next to me and we go to the next light and they ask me Man what you got in that thing? It sounds real good. The look on there face is worth a thousand dollars when they are told its a V6.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
AmericanMustang07
1st Gear Member

sitting in a burger king drive threw line...haha.....

"damn, that is a nice *** car!"
Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

When I had mine I had aton of people ask me what kind of car it even was.......I kinda thought that was kind of cool since I could transform it into something completely different. haha
Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black Mamba GTT
When I had mine I had aton of people ask me what kind of car it even was.......I kinda thought that was kind of cool since I could transform it into something completely different. haha
+1 to that I've had 3 people in the last 2 days ask me is that the new challengar? I tried hard not to laugh and told them it was a mustang, they then looked at the hood pins and said oh yah must be that new shelby gt500 right with the hood pins&carbon hood? To which I again told them no it's just a V-6 with shelby hood pins&a carbon hood they then say well nice car still think it looks like the new challengar. lol the best was on monday when I was walking up to and a guy was walking around it with his son had to be maybe 3 years old the kid was like daddy can I ride in it, I smiled as I walked up and the guy asks me is this some kind of Ferrari? I almost died right there I smiled and said no sir its a mustang, he replied wow looks like a Ferrari!
I get a lot of the GT500 comments I guess because of the Shelby hood pins&carbon hood?
Anyways being compared to a car that costs more than twice what I paid for my house and are still for the most part hand built in Italy was pretty awesome

Last edited by 28HopUp; 08-28-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: repaired the original quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

hahah yep I got the same kind of stuff. It's hard not to laugh.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I get alot of "Damn thats a nice *** car!"

or

"Is that a roush?"
"Is that a GT500?"

Quick Reply: What's the Best Compliment You've Ever Received?