Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Who wants my xcharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Stick03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NuclearMuscle523
I don't have $5000 to waste, I simply didn't know any better (that makes me dumb, right?) Also, I need to sell the XCHARGER to get enough money to replace the engine.

If you're not interested in buying it, please don't come on here just to make rude comments. I'm trying to be nice and let you guys get it for cheap, don't insult me.
I think you are getting your panties in a bunch over cautious prospective buyer's comments. Running a new blower without a tune doesn't make you dumb, it makes you foolish. I don't add any mods to my mustang without utilizing the wisdom (and stupid mistakes) that have been posted in this forum.

That being said, why aren't you posting this in the classified section? That is what is alarming to me. You're not testing the waters, you're actually using the wrong thread to sell a used x-charger, without pics.

If you don't want the negative comments, do the right thing and post this where it belongs. I want a deal just like everyone else on here and have the $$$, but something just doesn't feel right about this...IMO.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Nelson,
don't worry about these guys, i am sure they are all experts in everything they do and have never been so impatient that would do something in bad judgment. you made a mistake and you have learned from it, "that's a good thing". i personally wouldn't sell it to any of these guys anyway because they won't appreciate it. I'll post around if you want and i am sure it will sell. good luck bro and stay safe in the navy.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stick03
I think you are getting your panties in a bunch over cautious prospective buyer's comments. Running a new blower without a tune doesn't make you dumb, it makes you foolish. I don't add any mods to my mustang without utilizing the wisdom (and stupid mistakes) that have been posted in this forum.

That being said, why aren't you posting this in the classified section? That is what is alarming to me. You're not testing the waters, you're actually using the wrong thread to sell a used x-charger, without pics.

If you don't want the negative comments, do the right thing and post this where it belongs. I want a deal just like everyone else on here and have the $$$, but something just doesn't feel right about this...IMO.
+1.

I would have to agree with you.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

hey nuke, sorry to have spoiled the thread. i got nothing at all against you. just brought it up since you didn't mention it in the OP and i had been following your other threads regarding your unfortunate situation. i believe that you're not trying to bamboozle anybody but its just wise to remember to mention as much as you can about an item when trying to sell online. most of us don't know each other personally so its much more difficult to judge who is credible and who is not. i wish i could buy your X but i got a wedding to save up for now....my stang is sobbing....lol.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:49 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

[QUOTE=NuclearMuscle523;5403634]The supercharger is fine(thanks for instilling doubts into peoples minds) the engine is what's broken. Also, thanks for making me look like an A**hole, do you really think I was trying to be sneaky about this by trying to sell it on the same forum? Enjoy your freedom, have a nice day.

I wasn't trying to make you look like an A**hole. Or instill doubts into peoples minds, or trying to make you look like you were hiding something. Anyone (in their right mind) is immediately apprehensive about buying a USED Supercharger. I was attempting to get people to do something that you didn't do...a little bit of research first. I don't know you personally, so I just looked up a little background on an item I was considering buying.

I hope you get the price you are looking for, and I think you will. Personally, I think you posted your sale here just to give your fellow 4.0 MF'ers first crack at the sale.

Last edited by musicheadt; 09-02-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Sounds like ya nuke'd it huh?...jk. How much are you looking to get for the x charger set up, I may be interested I have been looking into super charging my six, thanks
do you just so happen to be a nuke? if so email me.

as for the comments, I'm not getting my panties in a bunch, I'm just a little upset that fellow mustang lovers would be so harsh and condensending, when I'm trying to do nothing wrong here. also, for this being in the wrong section, seriously, I didn't know any better.

afixer, email me.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:17 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The supercharger is fine(thanks for instilling doubts into peoples minds) the engine is what's broken. Also, thanks for making me look like an A**hole, do you really think I was trying to be sneaky about this by trying to sell it on the same forum? Enjoy your freedom, have a nice day.

I'm including so many upgrades that I'm regretting letting it all go for $3900. Keep in mind it's used, me and my father cleaned it up real nice, scraped all of the gasket junk of the mating surfaces, included all of the bolt's, and left most of the unit (about 75%) entirely assembled. Total up what all of the individual components cost, it's well over $5000, as a military guy, and a Mustang lover, I have no problem letting someone else have a shot at this great system for alot less. (JUST INSTALL THE TUNE FIRST). The engine damage(now I know since it's out of the car) is bent crank, chipped valves, mangled lifters, and jacked up hydraulic timing chain tensioners. If the point is still vague, let me say again, INSTALL THE TUNE FIRST!!!

as for the the 5.4, that was all good intentions, I was forced (by wife, lol) to settle for much less. Here is the item number on ebay : 170255489218
I bought it already, that's as good as it's gonna get. It has 62k miles on it, also I have a 2005 convertible, should I be worried about anything(miles, fitting properly)? I'll keep you posted though, thanks for your interest.
Cool. You gonna keep the xcharger? Or are you 100% sure you are selling it?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

I am considering keeping the XCHARGER, as long as the engine swap doesn't run me too dry. I'm also trying to work with SCT to get the tuner to work properly, so as to not put myself in this situation again. I have a slight feeling that God hasn't really been on my side with the XCHARGER so far, so it might be wrong to try in again.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I am considering keeping the XCHARGER, as long as the engine swap doesn't run me too dry. I'm also trying to work with SCT to get the tuner to work properly, so as to not put myself in this situation again. I have a slight feeling that God hasn't really been on my side with the XCHARGER so far, so it might be wrong to try in again.
I would try and hang in there if you can. The X-Charger is very reliable once it's installed properly, and the issue with the tune is not likely to recur now that you're (painfully) aware of that factor.

Good Luck, whatever you decide.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 AM
NuclearMuscle523

should I be worried that the new engine has 62K miles on it?

Quick Reply: Who wants my xcharger