Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2010 V6 Camaro Preparations

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 AM
mach1na
2nd Gear Member

^^thank you. i have beaten 350zs and i'm not impressed with them at all.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:37 AM
ShadowWulf
2nd Gear Member

I could care less about trying to compete with the V6 Camaro. I just mod my car so it responds better to the driver.

The Camaro has a modern direct injected/high compression, DOHC 4v V6. We have a decade old, low compression SOHC 2v truck motor. Our main advantage is weight and the solid rear axle.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:32 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I do believe I read in Motor Trend that the V6 Camaro will have 260 torque? and Remember that 300hp is at the crank, not the rear wheels.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Solid rear axle is actually an advantage from a dig.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

My car will always be sexier than a camaro.... doesnt matter if it's faster...
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 PM
mario_r

I dont get why people are so caught up on beating each others cars. If you like your car thats all that matters. Ill be getting my New Stang in about 2 weeks, and i can care less about the idiot trying to race me from stop light to stop light, let them have their few seconds of glory, all i know is the Mustang is BEAUTIFUL, and quite honestly fast enough for me to have my fun. (edit: I do like the new Camaro, but im a stang man)
Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 AM
ShadowWulf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mario_r
I dont get why people are so caught up on beating each others cars. If you like your car thats all that matters. Ill be getting my New Stang in about 2 weeks, and i can care less about the idiot trying to race me from stop light to stop light, let them have their few seconds of glory, all i know is the Mustang is BEAUTIFUL, and quite honestly fast enough for me to have my fun. (edit: I do like the new Camaro, but im a stang man)
+1 I've really learned to appreciate this car for what it is, even if it's not the fastest thing out there. It's a damn fine car for what you pay.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by mario_r

Keep an open mind, there are alot of track guys here also. This forums isn't all about looks
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 AM
crazyassracer
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Keep an open mind, there are alot of track guys here also. This forums isn't all about looks
Thank you ODDYSEY. And there's also the fact that I am a very shallow person who derives self worth from the knowledge that my car is faster than someone else's... but that's just me.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Foreu2env
1st Gear Member

Legal track racing FTW.

Quick Reply: 2010 V6 Camaro Preparations