Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question abut Tire Presure sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Texcan
1st Gear Member

Default Question abut Tire Presure sensors

I have an 07 v-6 vert and want to change tires and rims. My car has the sensor right now. At least I have seen a couple times where the light in the dash flashes for a minute. I was told that all 07s and up have them, but not sure. I found some black outlaw take off's in 17" with perrille tires, with the sensors. But I wanted 18"s. I found some 18"s (American Racing Torque Thrust Ms) and like them alot. But they will not have the sensors. What have you all done about this? Will I mess things up without the sensors? Will the light stay on? Maybe I should just go with the outlaw take offs then everything should be fine, right? Just some help as the outlaws I haveto know by today. Thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

I came up with 500 threads on the subject using the search button.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Texcan
1st Gear Member

Yes, I read through alot and still found no direct answer. Hoping someone can just tell me straight out what I need to know. Oh and the wheels that are on the car now are the cheap looking 16' alloy with spinners.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

The tire-pressure monitoring sensors or TPMS, are now required from the factory on all 2007 and newer vehicles. They are not required on your car after you purchase it, so it won't hurt anything if you don't have them. It will be a little annoying with the light always being and and popping up in your notification screen.

I paid like $50 bucks to have my sensors moved from my old rims and new bands put on my new rims so the sensors could mount. Just go to discount tire or someplace and ask how much they would charge to swap your sensors out.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Stick03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texcan
Yes, I read through alot and still found no direct answer. Hoping someone can just tell me straight out what I need to know. Oh and the wheels that are on the car now are the cheap looking 16' alloy with spinners.
WOW...were you looking for a TPMS thread with your name in it???? This subject has been beaten to death and every possible scenario has been covered!

Thanks ODDYSEY for the post, but holy ****!!!

Newbs!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
The tire-pressure monitoring sensors or TPMS, are now required from the factory on all 2007 and newer vehicles. They are not required on your car after you purchase it, so it won't hurt anything if you don't have them. It will be a little annoying with the light always being and and popping up in your notification screen.

I paid like $50 bucks to have my sensors moved from my old rims and new bands put on my new rims so the sensors could mount. Just go to discount tire or someplace and ask how much they would charge to swap your sensors out.

My light comes on for about 60 seconds then does not come on again
until I start her back up again. I dont have the message center, thank god.
You need new bands to mount your TPMS sensor cradles to the new rims.
TPMS
TPMS2
TPMS STRAP & CRADLE
TPMS TRAINING
Attached Thumbnails Question abut Tire Presure sensors-tpms2.jpg   Question abut Tire Presure sensors-tpms.jpg  
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Texcan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stick03
WOW...were you looking for a TPMS thread with your name in it???? This subject has been beaten to death and every possible scenario has been covered!

Thanks ODDYSEY for the post, but holy ****!!!

Newbs!!!!!!!!!!!
What a Cocky Pr?ck!!!!!
If you would have bothered to read my post # you would have noticed the I am new here and had a problem finding the answer I was looking for. It's people like you, that make people not want to participate in forums like this one. All I can say is ( WHAT AN ***!) Thank god there are some nice people on here, to help others and not bash them!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Stick03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texcan
What a Cocky Pr?ck!!!!!
If you would have bothered to read my post # you would have noticed the I am new here and had a problem finding the answer I was looking for. It's people like you, that make people not want to participate in forums like this one. All I can say is ( WHAT AN ***!) Thank god there are some nice people on here, to help others and not bash them!
No TrashCan,

It's people like you that waste our time by taking the easy way out and posting new threads when the answers are at your fingertips. If you had bothered to read all of the NewB threads, you'd already know this, but since you're just looking for quick answers that have already been asked...WHAM, you got the smackdown!

If you are going to talk trash and get your panties in a bunch, maybe you should try another forum...perhaps the ever popular "Mustangs and Cute Fuzzy Bunnies" forum would be more to your liking.

P.S.
Attached Thumbnails Question abut Tire Presure sensors-call-me-bish-3.jpg  

Last edited by Stick03; 09-09-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Ok now... we have worse things to worry about, like that swiss particle accelerator that will suck up the entire planet *laugh*

Relax guys, I didn't mind answering the question. It isn't a big deal.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Texcan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Ok now... we have worse things to worry about, like that swiss particle accelerator that will suck up the entire planet *laugh*

Relax guys, I didn't mind answering the question. It isn't a big deal.
Thanks ODDYSEY for you help earlier. I am new to forums and find the search helpfull, but sometimes over whelming with stuff not on the subject. I came here with great respect for everyone here, but some people just like bashing others! Any ways I think I will go with the orginal rims and tires (17" black billetts) as they have the TPMS already mounted in them. Once again thanks to everyone else, for trying to be helpfull on this site.

Quick Reply: Question abut Tire Presure sensors