Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Some Help for a French owner ;)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
jsag

Question Some Help for a French owner ;)

Hye,

I'm new there. I'am a french man and i come here because i need informations on my mustang engine.
I've got a 2007 V6 one. (very difficult to buy this car in Europe)

2 pictures :

I would like to change engine oil. I've got the filter and oil (ELF 5W30) but i need to know the diametre of the oil drain plug, so as to change the gasket. You understand that i can't unscrew the bolt to measure it, lol. I must know the dimension before !

So please, i hope somebondy could help me.

... and i hope my english is not too bad !

Thanks a lot.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:01 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Sorry to say, that I do not know. But someone on here surely does-and will help you!

On a side note-- Its a VERY nice car! I've got a friend in Belgium and he used to talk about cars a lot. He would say it's very common to see Porsche's, Ferrari's, and other very expensive cars in Europe. But to see American cars like Mustangs, etc., in Europe is like us (in America) seeing Porsche's and Ferrari's.

Consider yourself lucky!!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:14 PM
jsag

You right !!! In France, Driving a Mustang is very very original !!! People looks at me as if i drive a Ferreri, it's really crazy !!...
Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Welcome to Mustang Forums! If my memory serves me right, the bolt on the oil pan takes a 13mm wrench, but that won't help you with the bolt diameter. I'm not sure if you need a new gasket though. Unless yours is leaking, then there shouldn't be any need to buy a new drain plug gasket during an oil change.

Good Luck!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
krussdog46

I always change my own oil and have never changed the gasket so I don't believe it is absolutely necessary. I don't know the diameter of the drain plug but my best recommendation would be to simply use some high heat silicone around the drain plug if you feel that you need to replace the gasket but don't know the size. This will make it so you don't have to know the size and will be able to measure it and still change your oil so that next time you will know the right size gasket to buy.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
jsag

OK, thanks a lot

For the gasket, it seems that it depends on the car. On other cars, it's necessary to change the gasket each time.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsag
OK, thanks a lot

For the gasket, it seems that it depends on the car. On other cars, it's necessary to change the gasket each time.
Actually I believe there is an O-ring recessed into the underside of the bolt head.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

No you dont have to change it. But yea, I guess its whatever you want to call it, but O-ring, or gasket. You dont need to replace it.

Wait and see if you get the Mod bug for that American Muscle, they you will really get some looks when you wake up the Neighborhood over there.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
MustangFanatic44
Salad Farts

teehee i wander what would happen if i drove my car in europe

i'd probably get pulled over for being on the wrong side of the road
Old 09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Well, I know I might not be an eyecatcher yet but I would sure have the attention of there ears. I would like to drive something like a 70 Boss 429 and see if I got any looks

Quick Reply: Some Help for a French owner ;)