Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new camaro vs mustang

Old 09-27-2008, 08:05 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Default new camaro vs mustang

I was reading up on the new camaro to see how it would stack up against the mustang and the thing I can't understand is why they made the v6 camaro so heavy .It weighs around 3750 hefty lbs .With 300 horses it should be able to go up against a gt if it was 400 - 500 lbs lighter but 0-60 is about 6 seconds .
Old 09-27-2008, 08:35 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

at least it's not as big a hog as the charger! the v6 is gunna be pretty competitive. not sure much about the engine specs, but if it has forged rods like our 6's...turbo that baby and woh nelly!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:41 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Well I think that for is gonna have to come up with a meaner 6er to compete because what Hot Rod magazine say is gonna be a 300 horses and 297 ftlbs stock, also backed with a 6 speed so they have a lower factory gear, they anit gonna be to dang bad especially for a 6er. Man the 4.6 guys really gonna get an awaking when those LS3 SS hit the track with 425 and 400+ ftlbs, there is no replacing displacement
Old 09-28-2008, 12:18 AM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

BIG DEAL! I doubt very much that you will be able to buy a Camaro V6 for less then $20,000 like you can a Mustang. Watch and see if it doesn't sell for close to the price of a GT. I'm not impressed especially since they had over 5 years to build it.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:43 AM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

+1 i think that the sixxer stang is pretty close for the bang for for buck
if you looking at new cars

the camaro will be badass and hard to beat
i am very interested to see what comes of this to be match up
Old 09-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I test drove a new Challenger 6.1L HEMI V8/5 Speed AutoStick Yesterday It was HEMI Orange its 69.8 horsepower-per liter rating exceeds that of any vehicle ever offered by Chrysler. It put out 425 horsepower and 420 LB-FT of torque thanks to bored out cylinders. high-flow heads, SRT specific intakes and exhaust manafolds and beefed-up valves that respond to performance minded camshaft. The 5.7L HEMI has 370 horsepower and 398 LB-FT torque with the 5 speed autostick combined with the 6 speed autostick you can increases output to 375 horsepower and 404 LB-FT torque. The Challenger SE's Standard 3.5-liter SOHC V6 has an aluminum block with cast-iron liners and four-valve per cylinder aluminum heads. Rated for 24 mpg highway and 250 hp @ 6400 rpm. This is a heavy car no matter what motor is in it the HEMI also is made to shut down 4 cylinders when in highway driving that is why it has a 28 mpg fule rating. I am not a Dodge lover but this car is F'en HOT to look at. and the HEMI's sound non-existent that was my BIG disappointment there was ZERO sound from the punch and go I did. Rip the Stock Mufflers off of it and then you might be happy, who wants a HEMI you can not hear? V8 HEMI 40 grand V6 about 21 grand
Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by my first mustang
BIG DEAL! I doubt very much that you will be able to buy a Camaro V6 for less then $20,000 like you can a Mustang. Watch and see if it doesn't sell for close to the price of a GT. I'm not impressed especially since they had over 5 years to build it.
Well I anit hattin but I am giving the facts on this tread evidently, now our car modified should clean up shop espsecially if you have quite a bit of work done to it, but stock for stock they are gonna get beat. As for the pricing, well the last I looked in Hot Rod Mag. the are putting them in the low 20's just like the Mustangs at 23 around here anyways. This all is before the market went to crap though
Old 09-29-2008, 08:43 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

The Challenger and Camaro are both nice looking cars, and have a good amount of power to boot, however, neither of them are a Mustang

There is an SRT8 Challenger at my work and I walk past it everyday to go to my car, I have even talked to the owner and he loves my car too. While it looks good, his comments said it best "I have the original challenger at home, now THAT is a real car"
Old 09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by my first mustang
+1. Looks like the V6 catfish will be in the low-mid 20's and easily a few thousand dollars more than our V6's now.

And most people don't realize you shouldn't buy a car because of how much hp it has, the should buy a car based on looks and other things. Too many people are hp junkies and don't even race their cars. And if they do, they shouldn't have bought something new. It's simple, if you want a car that can take anything else on the road buy a fox body and have a custom build. $20k spent on new V6= low 15's stock or $20k spent on custom fox, I would almost guarantee you could hit 10's.

But I think this is obvious for most V6 owners, this has to go mostly for GT owners and people who live for telling people how much hp they got and beating other cars on the road . Psychologists call this a small ***** complex

PS-I don't have small ***** complex
Old 09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
mach1na
2nd Gear Member

that camaro is never going to be released. =)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new camaro vs mustang