Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I need some help here

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

flowmasters ugh...

Get the FRPP kit, it has everything you need and is one of the best sounding hands down. CAI/Tune is a must as well as dual exhaust.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

^^^ Oddysey is completely correct.

FRPP makes the best sounding kit in my opinion, AND it is covered under warranty (if FORD installs it) .....just in case some A**clown smashes your rear end.

I started with a Pypes Street PRO single axle-back muffler.....and it was LOUD!!!.....but I didn't like the tone.....it "popped" a lot.....especially when it wasn't warmed up yet.
I also lost some low end torque with this muffler.

The FRPP duals restored that torque and gave me the deeper and quieter tone I wanted.
I bought the FRPP kit online .....then got Dealership to quote me for the install $250.00 (they thought I had a GT).........because who would put duals on a V-6?

$850.00 for the FRPP dual kit installed......FORD CUT MY BUMPER.....and it would have been covered under warranty if they screwed it up!

I'm COMPLETELY happy with my exhaust system.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:22 PM
apbt426
1st Gear Member

I recommend keeping it simple and search for deals! for exhaust go with either a single GT takeoff or a single FRPP muffler.. but look for a deal on the FRPP I bought mine on ebay for $75!!!! also look into cold air intakes... keep it simple and skip the tuner, u can find plenty that will do the job without one or just go very simple and cheap and throw in a K&N drop in filter.... for visuals, figure out what u like and shop around for deals!
Old 10-18-2008, 04:56 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by musicheadt

FRPP makes the best sounding kit in my opinion, AND it is covered under warranty (if FORD installs it) .....just in case some A**clown smashes your rear end.

I started with a Pypes Street PRO single axle-back muffler.....and it was LOUD!!!.....but I didn't like the tone.....it "popped" a lot.....especially when it wasn't warmed up yet.
I also lost some low end torque with this muffler.

The FRPP duals restored that torque and gave me the deeper and quieter tone I wanted.
I bought the FRPP kit online .....then got Dealership to quote me for the install $250.00 (they thought I had a GT).........because who would put duals on a V-6?

$850.00 for the FRPP dual kit installed......FORD CUT MY BUMPER.....and it would have been covered under warranty if they screwed it up!

I'm COMPLETELY happy with my exhaust system.