Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I bought some Mustang reading material...

Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Default I bought some Mustang reading material...

I've been waiting for the right time. Well it's almost winter and I'll need something to do since I hate snowboarding, and there's just no longer enough snow to even think about buying a snowmobile. So this winter I'll be doing a major overhaul to my 4.0.

Explorer Express X-Charger w/ 3.0 pully
CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters
CHE 14lb. driveshaft
JBA Catback H-Pipe Dual Exhaust
MRT Aeroturbine GT Axlebacks
Pypes S.S. hangers
Bag of goodies (misc. items needed)

(not shown, being prepped and painted this or next week)
GT Rear bumper
Xenon Side Scoops
Cervini's Quarter Window Scoops

Waiting for check to clear before the credit card will go back down to $0, then will be the MGW shifter, CHE lower control arms, and the NewTakeOff 8.8" GT rear w/ 3.73 gears and T-lok. Then in the spring time getting a new hood, right now Trufiber GT-S III ram air is what I'm looking at but still might get the Cervini's one. Trufiber's has a rounded edge so it flows better with the car, plus built in functional ram air. But Cervini has higher quality product (stronger, and easier for prep/paint) as I've read a couple nightmare reports about Trufiber quality control.

I'm still in debate if I'm going to get new headers or not. I've searched and must've missed if in existence but can not find headers that give proven performance gains. But still they'd look better than what's on there.

Oh... and Lambo Doors! Those'll be sexy on the car. You simply can't go wrong with them.

:P

Nah just kidding. I know how 95% of the people are on this board when it comes to those so just wanted to **** with ya.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

I don't get the ending? So are you kidding about everything or just the lambo doors?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

I think he is kidding about the lambo doors because you can see the boxes to everything else.

All i can say is lucky you lol but why do you hate snowboarding??? i love it but im an action sports fanatic!!

Nice stingray
Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
the_pony_express
1st Gear Member

Wow man, amazing list there.

What do you and where can I sign up?

haha
Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

sounds like you're in for a fun time, pretty exciting. Can't wait to see and hear about the finished product.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

$7k+ purchase of mods and lots of winter time for install=one hell of a fun winter
Old 10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

How long did it take for the x to come in from order to arrival? Got the tune yet?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 PM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

WOW! Lucky you! I wish i had all of that gold! lol Have Fun! while i pout and continue to be envious of you. lol
Old 10-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

It's not about what I do (I.T.) it's about what I don't have. Namely no wife or kids! :P It's a lot easier to afford toys when you take those out of the equation.

Tune. None yet. I still have my C&L Intake on. I need to return to stock tune and then I'll call Doug at Bama for a tune package. Maybe in the spring time take a trip to Evolution in Pennsyltucky to get a dyno and see if a re-tune would be in order. But I have faith in Bama/Doug and doubt it'd be necessary. I have 93 oct in this region so I'll be getting that tune, 1 regular and 1 race.

I'll be selling that intake, plus the old MRT exhaust. I love the Aeroturbine but they sound completely different from first arrival to months of use down the road. I didn't want 1 high and 1 mellow muffler so I'll sell this one and install the 2 new ones. They will then break in evenly and have a better sound. I do however know what's coming and that is an obnoxious amount of loud. Hence why I chose them. Sure X-pipe is better for possible performance benefit compared to H-pipe, but I am not in this exclusively for speed. If I wanted 100% speed and fastest car I simply wouldn't have this car to begin with. I'm going for the right balance of show and go.

No lambo doors, that's what I was kidding about. The rest is green light. I just know what this message board is like. You see a thread of a guy asking "What are good lambo doors" and nobody answers it with Company X but instead the responses will be "Those are ugly/rice, don't do that." Completely the opposite of what is being asked. It's hilarious. If I get modified doors it'd have to be DeLorean doors!

I hate snowboarding because the first time I went I almost snapped my ankle. So I'll pass on that. Nothing against snowboarders or mop-hair. Just something that's not for me is all.

X-Charger order/arrival. I sent a wire on Friday and got it next week. It's 3000 miles away from them to me, plus I'm not in any major hurry to install.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

How many miles are on that intake?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I bought some Mustang reading material...