Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 07:36 PM
quick

Default help please

hello all
i am interested in either a 300 or a mustang and i was wondering (without bias) how do you like your 05?
Are there any problems, and if so, what. What do you think the Advantages or disadvantages are of the mustang and the 300?
One of the conserns i have is the Quality of the mustnang, do you think its good? Because ford is kind of known to have quality issues (tempo). With chrysler i know i willl get a quality product.
Yeah yeah, i know they are two totally different cars!
Sorry for a llo f the Questions but it may decide if i get a 300 or a Mustang.
Thank you,
Joe
Old 05-24-2005, 08:17 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: help please

I'm curious why you are posting this in the V6 section. Especially if the other car you are considering is the 300C... you sure you aren't looking at the Mustang GT or the 300C?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM
quick

lol sorry i meant the 300 base. sorry for that.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:30 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: quick

hello all
i am interested in either a 300c or a mustang and i was wondering (without bias) how do you like your 05?
Are there any problems, and if so, what. What do you think the Advantages or disadvantages are of the mustang and the 300c?
One of the conserns i have is the Quality of the mustnang, do you think its good? Because ford is kind of known to have quality issues (tempo). With chrysler i know i willl get a quality product.
Yeah yeah, i know they are two totally different cars!
Sorry for a llo f the Questions but it may decide if i get a 300C or a Mustang.
Thank you,
Joe
If you want gorgeous styling, awesome performance, and the hottest freakin car on the planet right now... get the Mustang.

If not, well, ummm, err... get something else...
Old 05-24-2005, 08:32 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

ok, in that case, they are far more comparable cars (power wise that is)...

I haven't had any problems with my car yet. I think the radio may be going out (Shaker 500), but if you read around the forums, everyone's radio is going out, and the dealer will replace them for you with a revised version. That's not really Ford's fault, so much as the company that made the radio.

Honestly, if I had it to do again, I'd save the money on the shaker system, get the factory CD player and replace it with a head unit of your choice.

I'd recommend the tune and freeing up the intake with a better filter or CAI, and changing out the muffler. But that's just for sound, and a bit quicker responce.

Disadvantages of the Mustang? Ummm it doesn't look as ugly as the 300? Sorry, really don't like the way that car looks. Maybe that soon everyone is going to have one. Ford is selling them like crazy. The 300 isn't near as popular. Which is why I went with the 'vert. Owned it 2 1/2 months, and just yesterday saw the first other 'vert driving around.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:42 PM
quick

yeah for me i like the look of both and the power is very similar but i started to think what would be best for me.(i live in canada so the base engine would be a 3.5 liter v6 not a 2.7). I am 24 and engaged and i was thinking, is the back seat large enough to hold two kids confortably?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:24 PM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: quick

yeah for me i like the look of both and the power is very similar but i started to think what would be best for me.(i live in canada so the base engine would be a 3.5 liter v6 not a 2.7). I am 24 and engaged and i was thinking, is the back seat large enough to hold two kids confortably?
Depends how tall the driver is. Anyone over 6' - there's going to be a problem. You may just opt for one kid [8D]
Old 05-24-2005, 09:25 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

two kids... hmmm... iunno... how small are the kids in question?

my little sister can fit in there (not comfortably), and she's under 5 ft...

there are car seat hook things (don't ask me what they are, I have no offspring) for childseats I think...

have you considered a family car instead of a muscle or a 'whatever you'd call that chrysler 300'?

there are some mean sedans out there... I just don't know that I'd wanna haul kids around in a mustang or 300 car.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==I am 24 and engaged and i was thinking, is the back seat large enough to hold two kids confortably? ==

You will have kids going into this marriage, or you're planning on having kids later? Take it from a dad of 3, if you're talking babies, forget the Mustang and get yourself a 4 door. I just wrote off those years of my life as far as driving something fun and stuck with 4 door family cars. It is a HUGE PITA to get babies, seats and all the baby stuff (diaper bags, etc.) into a 2 seater. You'll hate it. Now if you're talking about older kids, it is a bit easier. My girls are 8 and 11 and I shuttle them to school every morning plus run taxi service after school from time-to-time. They can get in and out themselves, so it's no biggie. They actually like sitting in the back, they like that the seats are kind of like cocoons! I've only had to shuttle the baby and his seat a few times and it is not fun getting his seat in and out of the car. But mostly my wife hauls him around in her van, so we're able to work around the 'stang's shortcomings
Old 05-25-2005, 01:02 AM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

I really have no complaints, other than the crappy radio (Shaker 500), I recently replaced mine and its starting to spit out CD's again. The car looks great and is alot of fun to drive, if your planning on having babies soon, you might want to rethink it as a family car, unless your partner will have a four door. You can fit carseats back there, but I can only imagine its a pain in the butt to do it everyday. Ford is also known for their quality, my grandpa only drives Ford cars/trucks, he has his whole life. Right now we have a 1995 F-150 with over 100,000 miles and have never had any major breakdowns. I don't know anything on the 300, so sorry, can't help you there.