Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Which should I get?
New Driveshaft
70.00%
Center Dash Gauges
30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

What should I get next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 AM
07redMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default What should I get next?

I'm torn between getting gauges or a new driveshaft. No one has anything bad to say about the driveshaft but unless you're at the track or doing higher speeds there really isn't much difference. Other then some noise and vibrations. I have a drop top though so noise doesn't really matter much to me. On the other hand I feel like gauges will give the car a more individual feel rather then just the stock look. I would be getting the cetner gauges that go where the dip in the dash is. I don't really need gauges tho as I'm not boosted and I really don't have a need for monitoring anything. Although I guess the more you're able to monitor the more you can troubleshoot and keep your car running 100%. The 3 gauges I would be going with is an AEM uego wideband a/f gauge, fuel pressure gauge and maybe voltage or oil temp. I have a decent system in the car and I also have a carpc so with all that I like to make sure my battery is nice and charged that's the reason for the volts. Anyways there is my thoughts what do you guys think about it?

P.S. A little off topic I was driving home today and I noticed a yellow light to the left of my speedo and it looked like this (!) it was flashing for 1-2 min tops and then went away. I've never seen anything like that on any car. Does anyone have any idea what the hell that stands for?

Last edited by 07redMustang; 10-25-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 AM
pthurm_28
2nd Gear Member

out of the two I would get the gages but I would look around for something else and do that once you boost if you boost or wait till you run out of stuff to mod
Old 10-25-2008, 09:09 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Why not do something other than the options listed. If you want to make yours more personal try exterior of interior mods. Such as, chin spoiler, side scoop, window scoop/louvers, spoiler, hood scoop, grill, stripes. Or inside you could do some billet pieces. The options are endless.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:13 AM
07redMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobra443
Why not do something other than the options listed. If you want to make yours more personal try exterior of interior mods. Such as, chin spoiler, side scoop, window scoop/louvers, spoiler, hood scoop, grill, stripes. Or inside you could do some billet pieces. The options are endless.
Ohh I forgot to mention that I already have hood pins, hood scoop, chin spoiler, new grill etc. So this mod was just the icing on the cake pretty much.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:25 AM
pthurm_28
2nd Gear Member

then i would defiantly say go with gauges unless you are going to be hitting the track then you could get the drive shaft
Old 10-25-2008, 10:28 AM
07redMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pthurm_28
then i would defiantly say go with gauges unless you are going to be hitting the track then you could get the drive shaft
I may hit the track once but that's it. I think that's why I'm leaning towards the gauges also.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:43 AM
harlanb1
1st Gear Member

I am not sure which of the two I would get. I think the gauges are a little cheaper.
I think the (!) might be the tire pressure senser.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by harlanb1
I am not sure which of the two I would get. I think the gauges are a little cheaper.
I think the (!) might be the tire pressure senser.
Id save and get a CAI and tune or something in the performance area.
And the ! is probably the Tire pressure sensor because i dont have it on my 05

(And it is the tire pressure sensor in my friends Tacoma)
Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 PM
07redMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
Id save and get a CAI and tune or something in the performance area.
And the ! is probably the Tire pressure sensor because i dont have it on my 05

(And it is the tire pressure sensor in my friends Tacoma)
Tire pressure would make sense because I just put on my gt take off rims. I have yet to check the pressure on them.

As for the mods I already have intake, headers, exhaust, gears and a tuner. I was looking for just styling with my next batch of purchases. I've already purchased

Hood pins
Hood scoop
Gt take off side skirts
Gt take off rims
lowering springs
and I few other that I already forgot lol.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:54 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Did you transfer your TPMS sensors to the new wheels? If you didn't, checking the pressure won't do a thing. It's letting you know there is a problem, the problem is it's not reading your sensors. I have take-off bullitts on my car, no I didn't swap the sensors. It does the same thing. Just flashes for a minute or so, every so often, then goes out. If you had an actual low pressure tire or tires AND you had sensors, the warning light will remain lit until you add air in the low tire or tires. If you had new sensors installed, you have to take the car to the dealer or wheel and tire store that has the special TPMS "learning" tool and they "teach" your car to recognize them. Not worth the extra money to me really, when a $2 tire pressure gauge is all you need. If you do want to transfer your sensors, you'll need to buy new bands and possibly carriers I don't think they are reusable. Then you'll have haul BOTH sets of tires to a tire shop or dealer to make the swap.... What a hassle.