Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ken04
where are they made ? If made in China is the metal composition up to US standards ? As for positive ratings, you buy something from ebay, pay for it, the box arrives, you open it. Wow, nice looking rims, so you leave positive feedback. 3 months later the rims come apart at 80 miles an hour and you've already left feedback. Can't change it. I wouldn't skimp on; tires, brakes, rims or suspension pieces. Your cheapo cai goes bad and your car doesn't run. Your new cheapo rims come apart; you die maybe. Be careful.
+1.

Do whatever you want man but I wouldnt personally.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:54 PM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

Yea thanks for slapping me in the face and waking up guys! lol
Why get rims from who knows where and who knows what type of quality they are when you can get the same thing from a reputable site that we all know are good quality for almost the same price. I see clearly now the rainnn is gone
Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 PM
07redMustang
2nd Gear Member

I actually bought a cheap set of rims from the same company for my last car and I must say I was shocked. I wasn't expecting anything that great I think I paid 315$ for a set of 4, 5 spoke 18" rims. When the rims showed up I was really surprised the quality was amazing. The rims looked beautiful and stayed that way for over a year on the car. Even through the hrash winters of Ohio the rims never scratched, rusted, bent etc. I would totally purchase rims from them again for the price and quality you can't really beat it.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

i didn't realize American Muscle had such a good deal on their rims!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:25 PM
rollins7
1st Gear Member

yeah american muscle is the best bet i got ripped on ebay once when fixing up a mini truck and the seller had alot of reviews. i got the product like 2 months later and it was pretty much junk