Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

Default Should I do it?

Saw these on Ebay and looks like a good deal..need some thoughts or opinions PLEASE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...mZ280273788766

My mustang is a Black V6 with everything blacked out.

Thanks guys
Old 10-29-2008, 12:21 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

They look like a decent deal, but I would be weary of someone selling rims on ebay for so cheap with free shipping. Shipping charges are usually like $80 bucks for something so big.

Check out americanmuscle.com, they have black bullits for a good price and you don't have to worry about getting scammed.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

i know what you mean but if i were to go the american muscle route itll up the cost to $1,463.96 with tires.
Also all the reviews this seller has are Great. Ahh i dont knoww
Old 10-29-2008, 12:48 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

tough call. I would be wary like oddy said since they are so cheap. But on the other hand the seller has over 28,000 ratings and a 99.5% satisfaction rate. Kinda up to you i guess. If you decide to go with them, do us all a favor and report back with your findings! Oh, and I recommend getting some eagle one nano polish...that stuff is great for corrosion protection while shining at the same time.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:59 PM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

exactly..the ratings and reviews is what made me post this up to see if i really should shoot for it or not. The only thing is if i get screwed over then theres nothing i can really do and i know this price is without tires but i can find tires anywhere for cheaper than offered on most websites. I will keep you guys posted if i do though I'll be thinking about it 24/7 until i do it. and thanks for the tip on the eagle one will try.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:12 PM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

thats quite the deal especially if your going blackout
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Well, American Muscle (just for the rims) has 4 deep dish 18x9 black bullits for $579.96. Plus you get a discount if you go to the AM discount thread under the vendors section to get the discount code. So it will be even cheaper. Much better deal in my opinion to go through AM, because the sale and quality are both proven.

You can get tires anywhere, get the rims then go to discount tire and slap some rubber on them.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

Thats very true so if im going to go without tires anyways why not just do it from a known vendor. I see where you are coming from thanks oddyseey
Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Choice is ultimately yours, I am just posting a safer alternative that also supports our sponsors
Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by basketballord
tough call. I would be wary like oddy said since they are so cheap. But on the other hand the seller has over 28,000 ratings and a 99.5% satisfaction rate. Kinda up to you i guess. If you decide to go with them, do us all a favor and report back with your findings! Oh, and I recommend getting some eagle one nano polish...that stuff is great for corrosion protection while shining at the same time.
where are they made ? If made in China is the metal composition up to US standards ? As for positive ratings, you buy something from ebay, pay for it, the box arrives, you open it. Wow, nice looking rims, so you leave positive feedback. 3 months later the rims come apart at 80 miles an hour and you've already left feedback. Can't change it. I wouldn't skimp on; tires, brakes, rims or suspension pieces. Your cheapo cai goes bad and your car doesn't run. Your new cheapo rims come apart; you die maybe. Be careful.