MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   So I choose to get a diablo predator (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/493886-so-i-choose-to-get-a-diablo-predator.html)

lauraspony 10-29-2008 10:43 PM

So I choose to get a diablo predator

Ok so after days and days and days of reading and more reading, then going to shops and getting prices I finally got a pretty good offer earlier tonight and drove down to the shop. Was going in to buy the diablo, dyno tuned and all. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what happens next.

They offer to stay late and do the work, pull the car in get it all hooked up as i pace back and forth from my nerves on end for doing this!!!!! They do the hook ups, safety checks and get started. My first ever dyno run gives me these numbers

190hp 202tq at the wheels, no tune yet

then he gets ready to start working on the diablo and what happens????? IT REFUSES to connect to the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

how does the story end

I sit here with no diablo and no tunes lol!!!!!!!

but i figured you guys might want to comment on the first dyno run

mods are roush cai and custom dual hpipe

2005Redfire6 10-29-2008 11:12 PM

Nice. Manual or Auto? Manual I assume, why wouldnt it connect to the car?

07redMustang 10-29-2008 11:19 PM

190 is pretty good with only a cai and h-pipe. Did the predator give you any errors or anything like that? Better yet did it even turn on? Did they try another one or only 1 of them?

lauraspony 10-29-2008 11:29 PM

auto:) so i assume that is pretty good for auto. and he only had one new unit. I am going to try and get back down there in the morning and he is going to call it in and see what happen. The only thing it says is this unit was not made for this vehicle or something along those lines.

any guesses on what the tune will end up giving the car for final hp:)?

also i notice there are spikes in some dyno charts, if it matters mine had a spike of 195, not sure what that means or not

Lethaldosage423 10-29-2008 11:39 PM

The Mustang Auto tranny is very highly rated! im happy with mine!!
numbers look good i still favor the X cal over the diablo

lauraspony 10-29-2008 11:46 PM

what are the differences exactly, cause all my research lead to one conclusion for me, it is like ford vs chevy arguments, one shop likes diablo and the other the xcal

Lethaldosage423 10-29-2008 11:49 PM

Well honestly Pretty much everyone recomends the X cal from Bama... His tunes are so highly rated and the customer service is incredible. If you feel stronger to the diablo..go for it

Ive heard better things about the X cal but like you said, my opinion might be biased by listening to everyone else lol

lauraspony 10-30-2008 12:01 AM

well with either one i go with i can order the custom tunes from doug off his site right? the guy i went to tonight is a diablo dealer and gave me a heck of a deal for time on the dyno plus the unit. my total price i was looking at for the tuner and the dyno tunes was 495 or so after tax.

bad thing is there are not many real world reviews of one vs the other, i did find one and he claimed a half a second increase that is a huge difference if true.

I am surposed to go back in the morning to try again, i am not sure if he put my vin in, i am sure he probably did cause i didn't watch 100% of the time while they got ready. but he said he can fix it or take one off another car in his shop and set it to my computer. i may call a few xcal dealers in the morning, if i found a full match for the price i may choose the xcal because it is a usb style update setup vs serial on the diablo

lurkmoar 10-30-2008 12:42 AM

If you want to use this guy as your regular tuner then go with whatever programmer he says. Keep you tuner happy that's the number one rule!

lauraspony 10-30-2008 01:08 AM

well i think i will call a few of the guys that are listed at the xcal site and ask a few questions if this guy isn't up and about early enough. i have a limited window tomorrow to go get the tuner and dyno done. spent hours and hours driving and talking to people today