MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   I'm so mad !!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/494077-im-so-mad.html)

geckoman1220 10-30-2008 06:15 PM

I'm so mad !!!

I got my new mustang on friday and I have been driving it to my high school since monday. It is thursday and I noticed a 3 inch long key scratch that wasn't their the sunday when I washed it. It happened some day monday - thursday.

Any way to fix this easily or do I have to go to Ford to get it fixed.

thanks everyone,
-jordan

basketballord 10-30-2008 06:36 PM

depends how deep it is, but you're probably SOL as far as an easy fix. People are assholes.

2005Redfire6 10-30-2008 07:34 PM

Thats highschool for you, trust me I get door dings all the time but my buddy in the Mustang club fixes that stuff for a living.

scorpio333 10-30-2008 07:42 PM

I know the feeling, we had one about 6 feet long, all the way down through the paint from mirror to the rear end. They did three cars at the park n ride. $100 deductible, $1200 total for new paint from driver's door back.

If it's not deep you can try Scratch X. Be careful not to overdo the rubbing, remember any polishing compound like that actually takes small layers off the clear coat, rubbing it like crazy can make it look worse. Close your eyes and run your hand along the paint, if you can feel it then most likely you'll need a body shop to make it look new again.

ODDYSEY 10-30-2008 08:36 PM

That sucks... sorry to hear it... Just take it to a body shop and see if its repairable without repainting.

raubt 10-30-2008 08:37 PM

Yikes. My 06 got it's first scratch on it recently, probably about 7 inches long just behind the passenger side door, I know how you feel. I don't think mine was keyed, it's so light and in a weird position, but I think I probably was cleaning the glass or something with my jacket open and I scraped it with the zipper or something. First scratch still hurts though, especially with yours being so new.

I used Meg's Scratch X on it, and it lightened it a bit, but that's probably the best you can hope for.

Also, Scratch X does technically take off a little clear coat, but it's an extremely light amount, so you do have to work it pretty hard and do it a few times to see any results. Be careful with your paint of course, but I'm saying you have to be somewhat aggressive to see any results at all, so don't be afraid of hurting the paint because you won't. Don't use an electric buffer to put it on, but by hand you should be pretty safe.

Anyway, if your scratch is deep enough that you can feel it when you slide your fingernail across it, basically it will never be completely gone without a repaint. But you can lighten it quite a bit on your own with the Scratch X, and if it still drives you nuts take it in to a body shop and get quoted for a paint job.

pthurm_28 10-30-2008 09:32 PM

Quixx scratch remover from wal-mart :D

it works had a few small to medium scratches form the previous owner that with the compound and then the shine worked great had to wet sand some of the bad ones but it is worth the $14 it didn't fix all of the scratches but it did make them less noticeable just follow the directions and you should be fine.

heres a link so you know what to look for
http://getquixx.com/?gclid=CNW8itG20JYCFRIfDQodT1jP3A

project85 10-30-2008 09:37 PM

jealous highschoolers..... :mad:

mustangfan410 10-30-2008 11:06 PM

thats why i parked next to a friend, he knew if he scratched my car i was going to hurt him.

Lethaldosage423 10-30-2008 11:32 PM

Im in highschool and Tuesday to friday i can park in the Auto shop lot wich is fenced in but on monday, i have to park in senior parking lot and i crap my pants every time when i walk to my car, in fear of a key mark or ding.

I sit in my car in the morning till the bell rings or at least till my friends park next to me...I hate the jellous kids who say F**K you you have a mustang or Rich white boy...i hate them!

I paid for mine myself and am still paying for her, if anything happend, im broke, car less and in a lot of emotional pain lol i love my baby to death!

And when i go to work..i Always park by the curb never between people unless they are my friends working. And i park about a millimeter away from the curb lol so there is room for the obnoxious b**tards to FLING their doors open.

(sorry for the foul language, i * it out...this is a very touchy subject for me, DONT MESS WITH PEOPLES CARS!!!)