Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What Would Be A Good Exhaust To Get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 10:18 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Default What Would Be A Good Exhaust To Get?

I want to replace the stock muffler with something that will make the car sound deeper and a little louder...i dont want dual exhaust because i'd have to change out the rear bumper...what does everyone suggest to make my car sound better than it already does? a hyperlink would be helpfull also thanks
Old 05-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Bluvert

Default RE: What Would Be A Good Exhaust To Get?

Hey dude,
I think we got the same vehicle except mine's a Vert. See pics. I was having the same thought about exhaust. Louder and deeper. I had a Flowmaster 40(not the Super 40) installed on my car and it sounds awesome. Loud when you get on it and just rumbles a little louder when at idle. The resonance inside the car with the top down is pretty loud at 60-80mph, but you wont have to worry about that. I had Midas install it, The mechanic butt welded the muffler to the existing pipe since the aftermarker exact replacement isnt out yet. He also removed the tailpipe from the stock muff and welded it on the new Flow. took about 2 hrs. and around 200 bones. But I am extremely satisfied, It doesnt sound like a V8 but, I wasnt going for that sound since I didnt buy one.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15265/AAA1FCECA6F14859A5FBB6AA4647A569.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2005, 11:53 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i bought the gt muffler take-offs on ebay 69 buck for both plus shipping 35 bucks i installed it in my driveway in 20 min. sounds much better im not sure if i am going to add the other yet. there was a post i will see if i can find the link and post here it is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 05-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Bluvert

I was going to go with those mufflers on Ebay, but I figured even if I got the V8, I would have replaced them with something louder and more obnoxious. I've heard the Magnaflows have pretty good note to them, but just arent as loud as the Flows.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15265/2FCE1BADC65F46D69B43D0BF90A1C7A2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2005, 12:26 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

I cant decide which one still if any...i know it wont make a power difference just the noise is all that will change
Old 05-26-2005, 12:47 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yea i have flowmaster on my ranger and motorhome but i didnt want anything that loud on the stang. screming yellow with strips i have already been pulled over twice! the sound is good and isnt that loud inside. my seventeen year old son noticed the diff
Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

yah this summer i will get myself a decent sounding muffler...im not in a rush ive only had the car 3 months or so
Old 05-26-2005, 01:47 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I've been enjoying the single GT take-off axle-back I picked up from Mike at Casco's.
http://crashparts.cascocompany.net/

Here is a soundclip I made... I thought it was a really nice improvement over stock. Much deeper and a litte more pep, never sounding like an import.
http://transcendingtouch.com/mustang...gtmuffler1.mp3

And, then after JBA headers were installed...(clip doesn't come close to doing it justice...much louder, more aggresive and quicker revving over the GT muffler alone)
http://transcendingtouch.com/mustang..._jbaheader.mp3

Someone just posted a video clip of a Magnaflow single axle-back... sounds really good too... not at all like the tinny sounding clips on Magnaflow's own site. Magnaflow claims a 10hp gain and I'm wondering what they'd sound like with my headers... hmm...
The clip is about half-way down the page, posted by Sonic05
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....ic=24554&st=20
Old 05-26-2005, 07:27 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

Personally I love my exhaust I put on. I got an entire cat back system off an 05 GT for $100 had Car-X put it on, my dealer cut my bumper, looks and sounds great
Old 05-26-2005, 08:51 PM
shave35

I too have installed the Gt takeoffs duel exhaust and could not be happier with the result. Here are a couple of pic's to show you the end result

Quick Reply: What Would Be A Good Exhaust To Get?