Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new job, let the upgrades begin.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Foreu2env
1st Gear Member

Default new job, let the upgrades begin.

Well, last week I doubled my yearly income. New job, new budget.

Of course this has to happen as Michigan Winter is about to blast me in the face, but you cant look a gift horse in the mouth right? I figure this gives me plenty of time to research and rationalize any decisions I make, since I wont be installing anything until April/May.

I realize these "what should I do" threads pop up once a week, and 9 times out of 9.1 times they go nowhere and the poster disappears into oblivion. I'm hoping this isn't the end result of this thread, so lets see what happens.

Over the last month or so I've been looking at the X since it's a reliable daily driver upgrade that can keep you off the boost if you want to save gas money and preserve your engine. The new job is 2.5 miles from my apartment, so gas money really isn't an issue anymore and I'm thinking about buying a used car as a DD but haven't set that in stone yet.

With these new developments, I've been looking at Turbos. Powerhouse turbo seems to be the one I see mentioned the most, are there any viable competitors out there? Whats the typical install price for a full single turbo/intercooler setup? I saw that it's a 10-12 hour install but I dont know what a typical hourly install rate is.

What are the specific risks of running a turbo system about 10-15k miles / year? My intentions are maybe a few trips to the strip, most likely going to do SCCA racing, thats why I'm leaning towards turbo now that its financially possible. Also I'm tempted to look at adjustable suspension, because my last car I went with an Eiback sportline full suspension and had alignment problems for 3 years afterwards. How easy are these cars to get back in aligment after suspension modifications?

That's it for now, more questions for sure later but I dont want to get too ahead of myself.

Also if anyone in here knows of anyone that will be selling an SC anytime soon, I'd like to talk to them.

Thanks for any answers/advice in advance!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Paulejr13
Banned

x for the win
Old 11-05-2008, 11:14 PM
MustangScott
1st Gear Member

GET IT!!! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Eat peer pressure!