Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

newest mod to the car "springs"

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Default newest mod to the car "springs"

after much research and doubt as to the cost/worth of springs I have now completed the change. Thankfully afixee had his steeda springs off and I snatched them up first chance we had. I go over and surprise he installs the rear springs and to my surprise very rapidly LOL. After a bit of a busy day today I find a deal that saves me a bit of time and saves afixe some back breaking time LOL. I did end up with a fair deal on the install and alignment. But huge thanks to him for the help because I ask a Ton of questions. Going to have the work verified tomorrow and will post some new pics as soon as I can upload them. I also met another xcharger owner but tired and can't remember his name for the life of me.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:45 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

work on your sentence structure and grammar a bit too maybe?

i have steeda springs, they are nice, good choice.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siberian.mist
work on your sentence structure and grammar a bit too maybe?

i have steeda springs, they are nice, good choice.
well LOL if you read a few of my posts you would know I am limited right now to my iPhone to visit the forums. As the iPhone has serious issue with these forums and will randomly inject both word corrctions skip letters at time and when you try to correct these errors with the back space it will star t deleteing on it's own as for the abu e it was typed 5 times so sorry if u found it difficult to read.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:13 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i don't know i kinda like being called Afixee kind has a ring to it! LOL
Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I'm used to you being on your iPhone already LOL

No shocks upgrade?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:44 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by afixer
i don't know i kinda like being called Afixee kind has a ring to it! LOL
Lmao I just caught that afixee. And yes it is easy to tell when I am on the iPhone vs a pc. I don't know why these forums crash or lock my phone up so much but it does make for interesting reads LOL. But I really have to say afixer "hahaha iphone auto corrects afixer to afixee wierd" has been great on helping out on my questions and I ASK ALOT OF THEM. But we will know tomorrow night or Thursday morning if all is ok and hopefully the dealer will fix the squeak if so all is right with the car. I am thnking to do the rear sway bar if. Can track down a good deal before I leave town. Again thanks afixer foe all the help and oh yea what was the guys name in the silver mustang xcharger

And no did not get shocks. To be honest I had heard about the Shocks and was fold it was the best thing to do but that keeping stock was fine. I may go with no shocks in the future based on how I feel about these spring changes. I can say that I agree with others and afixer about the car does look better down an inch and it does handle much better than stock.

Last edited by lauraspony; 11-12-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 AM
scorpio333
2nd Gear Member

Don't use the backspace on the iPhone, use the magnifying glass to correct mistakes. Tap the screen where the mistake is and a circle will pop up that you can drag right to the trouble spot.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:42 AM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scorpio333
Don't use the backspace on the iPhone, use the magnifying glass to correct mistakes. Tap the screen where the mistake is and a circle will pop up that you can drag right to the trouble spot.
for some reason on these and a few other places if you do the tap it will hang And sometimes crash and I do the tap to get to trouble spots but you still have to use backspace and about every three it four times it will freak out and star clearing words the only way to really stop it is to close the Internet and reopen it. So you end up typing things over. The one I hate is when I type out something long and safari just crashes and I loose everything LOL

Although ibhave learned that if I cancel the page load at just the right moment I can type fairly fast without all the lag from the keyboard.

Ok time to Gt in the tub and get ready to go to the dealership

Oh yea maybe we should do a vote to call afixer afixee LOL

Last edited by lauraspony; 11-12-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Springs look good. I know alot of people say you can use the stock shocks, but after a while you will probably want to change them, I know I could see a night/day difference.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:34 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

well I hope to be able to get the rear dine then worry about shocks