Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finished installing the Dash Kit. Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:56 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by melo15fan15
yea, i do like it. It matches the exterior almost perfectly, my camera is just terrible. I got the kit at wooddashexperts.com for those who were curious. I figured it was different and not many people would have it so i went with it. They sell three levels of kits. I got the one with the most peices so maybe i shouldnt have but its alright i like it so. thanks for the feedback thought guys
The real problem is that you have just tanked the resale of your car. If you never plan on selling it...you are in good shape. However, you just eliminated 90% (maybe more) of prospective buyers. That kit WONT come off...those industrial adhesives are manly to say the least.

Like it or not, mods add nothing to a value of a car. When it comes time for resale...sell them all for 50 cents on the dollar and sell a stock car. In your case, however, you cannot remove the mod and very few buyers are going to be interested in a pimped out dash. The other thing to consider is that OEM plastic is very special stuff. Your kit may look good to you now...but in thee years it very well may look like crap...and you are stuck with it. I seriously doubt this guy buys his kits from OEM plastic suppliers...probably some sweat shop in China.

But cars are all about fun...if you like it rock on.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:07 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

not my cup of tea either.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Paulejr13
Banned

i think it would look really nice if you just remove some of the pieces....i think it looks good...BUT its a little to cluttered and too crowded
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 PM
buddyantunez1
2nd Gear Member

i like the accents on the steering wheel and the doors but maybe all of it is a little too much. but if you like it, thats all that matters
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM
scorpio333
2nd Gear Member

Where's the 'before' pics??? I didn't notice anything different.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:16 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

Well i dont plan on selling it ever. Im in school now becoming a pharmacist. Its a 6 year program and when i graduate i dont see the need in getting the 5 grand from selling the car later down the road for me to worry about it. I figure keep it till its gone. I'll have a job that pays over 100K a year so selling this car wont be all that necessary yano? I dont know, i just figure keep this as my project car once i graduate or something. I just dont plan on selling it and since i like the look i guess thats all that matters. Anyways, the dude that wanted a before pic, i only have one. I searched through my computer and found one from the day i bought the car so here ya go....

Old 11-15-2008, 03:41 PM
MR305
1st Gear Member

Old 11-15-2008, 03:59 PM
scorpio333
2nd Gear Member

I was just kidding around about the before pic, was my sarcasm speaking.

I don't care for it, but it's not for me to judge - I ain't paying for it. If you like it and don't regret it, more power to you - enjoy your uniqueness. People that do wild conversions/mods should have thick skins and not give a rat's furry *** about what other's think. For everyone one of us that puts something tame like a chin spoiler on the front there's someone else out there that hates it. Like someone else said if we all did the same thing there wouldn't be anything exciting about it.

i saw pics somewhere of a custom interior with suede roof liner, leather dash, custom seats, etc...I thought it looked atrocious while everyone else wanted to kiss the guy cause it was so awesome...different strokes for different folks.

Just don't do any acid before you go out for a spin and you should be ok.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:49 PM
pallidamors
Banned

looked great before....how old are you OP?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:40 PM
thuxel
2nd Gear Member

Default Forgot one item

These would finish it off!
Attached Thumbnails Finished installing the Dash Kit. Pics!!-pi_276.jpg  

Quick Reply: Finished installing the Dash Kit. Pics!!