Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Show me your lowered stock wheeled Stang!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:08 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Cool Show me your lowered stock wheeled Stang!

Anybody here just left the stock wheels on your stang and lowered it? Show me some pics please.

My car has the Pony Package so it has the Pzero tires w/ 17in bullit looking wheels on it and I want to lower it and change exhaust first. There is so much to do to these S197 body styles I'd run out of money quick if I did everything I wanted to so I have to go in stages.

I'm thinking of leaving the stock wheels on and using the Eibach Sportline lowering kit to close the gap on the wheel wells. Therefore I can spend money on other things besides wheels right now. I want to do the GT500 hood, front and rear bumpers, x-charger, wheels, and maybe stripes so I have to pace myself.

Anybody see any drawbacks to this? Show me your lowered Stang with stock wheels.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

These are pretty recent, although I don't run the 17s as much anymore.

Personally I think they look just fine on 17s, but i do love the aggressive stance my DD 18s give it . Either way you can't go wrong

These are on pro-kits though. Might look pretty different with sportlines. Generally I've seen mostly 20s with sportlines.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

here's a few of my stang. its a gt lowered with frpp "k" springs. other mods are in sig, but nothing but springs altering the ride height.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danbevsv6rumbler
These are pretty recent, although I don't run the 17s as much anymore.

Personally I think they look just fine on 17s, but i do love the aggressive stance my DD 18s give it . Either way you can't go wrong

These are on pro-kits though. Might look pretty different with sportlines. Generally I've seen mostly 20s with sportlines.
Hey, I remember those wheels! Glad you are getting good use of them!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I'd suggest you dig into understanding what all you'll need with lowering springs before making a decision. The stock struts/shocks will only hold up for so long with lower springs, so eventually you'll need different ones.

I'm about to put on steeda sport springs and tokico d-specs. It wont lower as much s the eibachs, but that's what I'm looking for.

Just do you research on here and other forums!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:44 AM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Thanks fellas for the pics. Sharp looking! I'm torn between the Pro kit and the Sportlines even though I'm aware of the ramifications of choosing the more aggressive Sportlines. Our roads in southwest Louisiana SUCK!!! I just love the aesthetics of the Sportlines, but again, maybe the Pro-kit is the way I should go for a future wheel investment.

I've been trying to read as much on lowering/suspension mods as I can and I understand that this can get quite costly to do it correctly.

Keep the pics coming.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Link to pics in my signature. Steeda sport springs...
Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Oh, man, Sportlines in southwest Louisiana? Dude, you're just askin for a sore ***!!!
One of the minor reasons I considered less-drop is because of the roads in Lousiana that I travel on from time-to-time
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

But they sure look good! LOL ........Mike, where in Texas are you. I'd like to check out your S/C.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 12-04-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by beaustang
Hey, I remember those wheels! Glad you are getting good use of them!
Haha yup those are your old ones!
7.5K miles and TWO open track days later, they STILL have plenty of meat.
These are some tough tires! thanks for the awesome investment beaustang!

Back to the topic, I also agree, you should consider buying aftermarket shocks/struts when you lower your stang. I got a deal on Tokico D-Specs, so that's what I'm running. I honestly think you can get away with any of the brand aftermarket names like the Tokico HP shocks/struts or Konis or Bilsteins. I love the flexibility of being able to adjust harshness with my D-specs though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show me your lowered stock wheeled Stang!